Where in the World? • Où dans le monde?

Where in the World?

Show us where you joining us from – add yourself to our map!

Here are 3 easy steps and none of them involve creating accounts.

1. Visit the padlet map Where in the OEGlobal21 world are you?

2. Sign up or sign in.
    (If you do not sign in, be sure to put your name in the message, as the pin will then be assigned to an anonymous user.)

3. Click the red plus button in the top right. There are 2 ways to choose where you live, you can enter the location, or you can drop a pin.

4. Write your name, with a greeting in your language (or local slang).

5. You can add an image if you want people to see what you see. (remember: you should own the rights, or the image should be in the public domain if you choose from the options on the platform).

6. You can also add your organisation’s name, or relevant website, and your role at conference … are you an attendee, presenter, session chair, support staff?

Let’s cover the world. Thank you!

Où dans le monde?

Montrez-nous d’où vous nous rejoignez - ajoutez-vous à notre carte !

Voici les 3 étapes faciles et aucun d’entre eux impliquent la création de comptes.

1. Visitez la carte des padlet Où êtes-vous dans le monde OEGlobal21?

2. Inscrivez-vous ou connectez-vous.
    (Si vous ne vous connectez pas, assurez-vous de mettre votre nom dans le message, car l’épingle sera alors attribué à un utilisateur anonyme)

3. Cliquez sur le “bouton plus” rouge en haut à droite. Il y a 2 façons de choisir où vous habitez, vous pouvez entrer l’emplacement, ou vous pouvez déposer une épingle.

4. Écrivez votre nom, avec une salutation dans votre langue (ou l’argot local).

5. Vous pouvez ajouter une image si vous voulez que les gens voient ce que vous voyez. (rappelez-vous : vous devez posséder les droits, ou l’image doit être dans le domaine public si vous choisissez parmi les options de la plate-forme)

6. Vous pouvez également ajouter le nom de votre organisation, ou le site Web pertinent, et votre rôle à la conférence… êtes-vous un participant, un présentateur, un président de séance, un personnel de soutien ?

Parcourons le monde. Merci!

3 Likes

what a lovely idea! I’d love to edit my ‘Anonymous’ pin to add my name (enjoyed posting a greeting but thought I was logged in and that the pin would have my name). is that possible? many thanks!

Thank you for pointing that out! Where did you drop your pin, and I can add your name!!

warmest
Isla

my apologies, Isla… I added my pin in Kinvara, County Galway, Ireland (and included a photo). thank you very much!

1 Like

I’ve edited and added your name. Happy to do it for those others who also struggled with this!

1 Like

thank you for doing that, Isla! :blush:

1 Like

I am also struggling with pinning my pace I am from Lund, Sweden

Hi Ebba,

Try this. Click the red + button top right. Under Pick a Location Option 1, type Lund in the field Search a place by name. This provides a list of all locations with Lund in it, and you can then select Lund, Sweden.

Looking forward to seeing you on the map.

1 Like

There are 29 pins on the map now-- what will it look like when all 400 registered attendees add to it? If you have not done so already, scroll up to find the map link and instructions

I also had trouble adding my name, Tampa, Florida USA with a photo. :-). Grateful for the help.

Here it is Kelly … ! Is that what you wanted?

Screenshot 2021-09-25 at 08.56.02

This is what the map looks like 2 days before the conference … There are huge gaps still, let’s fill the world.

Africa, Asia, Middle East, Oceana, South America and even Southern and Eastern Europe – where are you?

1 Like

That’s great Isla, thank you.:grinning:

1 Like

Hi Isla!
I added a pin (Laura Henderson, Lausanne, Switzerland) but it didn’t connect to my Padlet account or my OE Global account so shows as Anonymous and now I can’t edit it.
Any way this can be connected to my OE Global profile?
Thanks!
Laura

Someone seems to have fixed it - it looks fabulous, @LauraHenderson - Santé
Screenshot 2021-09-27 at 18.12.46

1 Like

What a fun way of using a padlet. Hello from a sunny day on Canada’s West Coast!

1 Like

Oohhh! Lausanne! You live in a beautiful part of the world, @LauraHenderson.

1 Like

@EricaHargreave - we’re very lucky, we still wake up and can’t believe the view, after 5.5 years here!

2 Likes

Yeah, I feel fortunate to have had a bit of a taste in exploring that part of the world.

1 Like

Come back any time, I will happily be your guide for a wine-tasting tour on the Terraces de Lavaux!

1 Like