Are You Attending OE Global 2021? Say Hello

Una welcome, how una dey? This is common West African, pidgin English of welcome and how are you people. I am Esther Ojeah, a Trustee of African Prisons Educational Network, full time, Deputy Controller (Director) with Nigerian Correctonal Service with seconded works as Correctional Adviser, UN peacekeeping Mission in Chad(2009-2010), UN Peacekeeping Mission in Liberia(2016-2017). In 2018 I lead my Nigerian Correctonal Service to emerged among winners of Unesco literacy Prize, presenting a concept: National Open University centres in Nigerian Prisons and inmates General Education programs. That’s why I remain interested,committed to Open Education as, particularly for Prisoners to have University Education the open Education for teaching, exams, learning materials is inevitable and impactful. Likewise for Nurseries or Preschools ( for Prisons which encourages nursing female inmates with babies)Primaries, secondary, Literacy or TVET open Education resources are necessary. Also to ensure UNSDG4, UNSDG5 of Education for All before 2030 Agenda. Looking forward to impactful conference and relationship thereafter.

4 Likes

Hello, my name is Eseta and I’m joining the conference from Yuggera, Jagera and Ugarapul country, also known as Springfield here in sunny Queensland, Australia. I’m interested in open assessment practices, specifically in relation to OER recommendation Objective 1 “building capacity of stakeholders to create, access, re-use, adapt and redistribute OER”. My colleague, Dr Mais Fatayer, and I are presenting an asynchronous interactive activity that explains her Open Educational Resource development model. Educators can use this model to develop OER with students for other students to use, or to create OER for professionals and the broader public. I’m looking forward to learning more from everyone about open pedagogy and open assessment.

1 Like

@afripisonseducation Your work sounds fascinating. I look forward to hearing more about it.

1 Like

@PhDOOC Hello Adeline, I’ve read your work and will definitely check out your activity as I’ve been thinking for some time about how to bring my distance PhD students together. Enjoy the conference!

2 Likes

Thanks Eseta. I also look forward to meet with you during the conference. Hopefully,I will share much onsite on Education in our African Prisons…

2 Likes

hi there!
I’m Jon from Darwin in Australia & I’ve been very interested in the evolving ‘open agenda’ for many years … long before OER started getting attention. I think that the history of the Internet’s open architecture is really important as are the various attitudes associated with openness in education that go way back. I’m participating in this event in a few places … one real-time (with Christian Stracke & colleagues) & another asynchronous event with my PhD student Faisal Bin Badar DOORS project
Faisal has some insight into how open practices can assist the millions of out-of-school children get some kind of quality educational experience.

2 Likes

Hello,
I am Nkem Osuigwe. I work for African Library and Information Associations and Institutions (AfLIA) with headquarters in Accra, Ghana. I am a librarian. I am a Nigerian.
I am a newbie in Open Education practice but I am a quick learner. My organization is working with OER Africa for creation of courses on OER. We are also doing a course on Open Licensing with Neil Butcher and Associates. Glad to be here!

4 Likes

Hello All, I Anil from Kerala, India. I am running an Open Education Project- Project SMART! It is great to be here with amazing people who are passionate about education. Do connect with me. Thank you all.

2 Likes

Hello Lena. Greetings!!. I look forward to an exciting conference

1 Like

Καλημέρα, Guten Morgen, Good morning, Chrissi here living in the UK, born in Germany but Greek :wink: Looking forward to meeting you during the conference. I am an academic developer at Manchester Metropolitan University in the UK. I live in a small town 35 mins by train from Manchester, in the Peak district.

This is Glossop where I live. Today it is really grey and wet, very wet. I am here at OEGlobal21 for the sunshine.

Through my work I have been connecting people and ideas to help us all grow.

See you soon.

Χρυσή/Chrissi
@chrissinerantzi

4 Likes

Hello, Paul! It is good to see you two times. The first time in Bangkok in 2019 summer as a panelist representing ICDE, face-to-face, and this time virtually. I am Xiangyang Zhang, now working as Director of Research Institute for Open Education, Suqian University, China, and ICDE Ambassador for Open Educational Resources. It is a fantastic experience to be in the Open Edcuation Community via the OEGLOBAL CONNECT. Our ICDE OER Advocacy Committee will present thi

s kickoff Monday session by our Chair Ebba Ossianilsson.

5 Likes

What a beautiful view! I lived in Sheffield for 7 years so this photo is bringing back good memories for me!

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I am Idowu Diyaolu from Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria. I am based in Ile-Ife. Open Education, use of assistive/adaptive technology for persons with special needs and sustainability in work based learning are my areas of interest. Many thanks

2 Likes

Hello! I’m Mariana Porta, from Uruguay! I work at our public university, UDELAR. I’m excited to participate in this event for the first time! I’m interested in learning communities and communities of practice as the greatest environment for educational improvement and educational innovation. Hope to learn a lot! See you all around!

Greetings OEG Community! My name is Lindsay Woodside and I work as Acting Director, Programs and Services at eCampusOntario. I am so excited to be attending my 2nd OE Global conference. I am also delighted to be joining forces with my eCampusOntario colleagues @rkabademanin @EmmaGooch @sjanjicek, Don Eldridge and Stephen Wilfeard as we participate in this conference!

Hello OEG. I’m Paul Bond, a librarian at a community college in central New York and a ringleader in the ds106 community. I’m interested in the intersections among open education and information literacy, as well as whatever other fun stuff people have to share at this conference.

1 Like

Hello everyone at OEG!
I’m Laura Henderson, I’m an Open Access publishing professional, leading the not-for-profit kids’ journal Frontiers for Young Minds. We’re a Sponsor of the conference, do come and find out more about us on our Sponsor page!
I myself am based in beautiful Lausanne, see pic attached, and am looking forward to connecting globally this week to explore further dissemination of our open-access resources, and possible translation support for our project into new languages.

4 Likes

Hello, Hola, Bonjour, Howdy! I am Judith Sebesta and I serve as the Executive Director of the Digital Higher Education Consortium of Texas, based in Austin. I also am the President of the Executive Council of CCCOER. I am really looking forward to this conference. Please join me for the first OE Global Talent Show Tuesday morning at 7:00 am Pacific Time! Should be great fun. And I have to say, I am wishing I were where @LauraHenderson is! Wow! (Here is a photo of a park near my house here in Austin where I like to walk my dogs.)

2 Likes

Bonjour tout le monde!
Mostly introduced myself here, in the session I’ll be chairing later today:
Webinar 05 Building Capacity - OE Global 2021 Online Conference / Action Area Webinars - OE Global Connect

I live in Tiohtiá:ke/Montreal, on the unceded traditional territory of the Kanien’kehà:ka.

Particularly interested in meeting both people whose names I keep hearing and people whose Open Education work has yet to come to my attention.
For instance, I’ll be delighted to hear more from @AfricanLibrarian. Not only have Nigerians influenced my thinking about education but librarians are the heroines and heroes of the Information Age.

Since Nantes is hosting, it’s also a neat opportunity to connect with other people who at least have some knowledge of French. If that’s your case, feel free to say «bonjour» over here:
Francophones, Francophiles, éducation ouverte et libre - OE Global 2021 Online Conference - OE Global Connect

Au plaisir!

–Alex (ou Alexandre pour les Francophones)

2 Likes

Hello from Austin, TX! I’m Carrie Gits, Head Librarian at one of the Austin Community College campuses. I have been engaged in OER work at my institution and within Texas since 2016. Primarily in the area of faculty development as well as various areas of library support with OER and OE. This is my first OEGlobal conference!

We are exploring the development of a Faculty Fellowship on OE/OEP, so I will be exploring lots of ideas during this OE Global conference.

I wish I had a beautiful Austin picture to post, instead, I am sharing one from work. This fall we are back on site and our libraries have re-opened. Here’s a picture from my campus - which was a former shopping mall that has now been converted into a community college campus.

I look forward to the conference and connecting with others!

2 Likes