Are You Attending OE Global 2021? Say Hello

Like the OE Global 2020 conference, our venue is one where every part of the conference is a potential conversation. Conference attendees can respond to anything with a reply and in many places, they can create new topics.

Here is one space where we would love you to say hello perhaps in the way people in your part of the world greet each other. Let us know where you are from, what your interests are in terms of Open Education and the OER Recommendation, as well as what you hope to get out of or contribute to the conference.

Feel free to share a link or a picture. Just click the reply button below and say hello.

If you see someone else here, why not mention them by using an @ like for me it is @paulstacey – This does two things. I get a notification indicator in the top right that someone mentioned me. But it also turns my name into a link you can click to see my profile, and even a button you can click to send me a private message.

Okay, it is your turn. Reply and say hello.

And then, as you are now experienced in OEG Connect, click the New topic button and start a new conversation here in the main lobby.

2 Likes

Hello OEGlobal 2021! So excited to see you all next week. My name is Lena. I am situated in Toronto, Canada, on the traditional territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation (http://mncfn.ca/) on the shores of beautiful Lake Ontario.

The OEGlobal conference structure is based on the UNESCO OER Recommendation and I am particularly looking forward to the conversations around developing supportive policy. As someone who has worked in government and quasi-governmental organizations I know how substantial and impactful a strong policy decision can be. The UNESCO recommendation is the first step in that ripple effect - now it’s up to us to make it happen!

See you all soon!

1 Like