CCCOER and OEGlobal: Ten Years and More

Ten years ago, CCCOER joined Open Education Global to become part of the global open education community. In my new position, I wondered who would join our handful of members and help make this a thriving community. From a holiday email (Dec 2011) to the new members, I encouraged us all to learn and work together to grow open education at community colleges but honestly I wasn’t sure how it would happen.

I found a copy of that holiday email…

Dear CCCOER Members.pdf (163.3 KB)

And it was also ten years ago that the we started the CCCOER community of practice email group that is such a key part of our community. With some digging we found the oldest message sent on December 13, 2011.

We’d love to hear your most vivid memories of being part of CCCOER, please share in a reply.

4 Likes

I am a relatively recent member, but my favorite CCCOER memory (among many) is probably participating in the 2021 Summer Reading Club. We read From Equity Talk to Equity Walk: Expanding Practitioner Knowledge for Racial Justice in Higher Education, and it was just such a welcoming, OPEN (as it should be), enlightening, fun group. I learned as much from my peers as the book itself. If you want to read more about the group and book’s influence on me and my organization, read this post on the CCCOER blog: How a Book Club Inspired New DigiTex Equity Statements – CCCOER. Thank you, CCCOER and its EDI Committee! And cheers on the anniversary!