Does everybody understand when we talk about "OPEN EDUCATION?

Hi all!, today I was in a LATAM presentation and catch my atention the importance of the language and terms for newcomers in the Open Education world. :dizzy:

It is more important because of the opportunity that opens now to be a MEMBER of this community (OEG) as an individual :person_standing:t4:, from my own experience I know that many are still unaware of this OE world, but the time to join has arrived. :globe_with_meridians:

That´s why I would like to open a discuttion to share from your experience:

1. Which are the most difficult concepts to be clarify for newcomers?
  2. Do you have a strategy to get all sintonize in the same “frecuency”?
  3. Do you have or know a OER to help on this point?

Best regards,
Maria Angelica :slight_smile:

1 Like
  1. Concepts such as: OPEN EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES vs DIGITAL/EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES
    The key word is OPEN.

2. A strategy is to have a person to introduce the newcomers to this OE world, in other to be listen carefully and close to their questions.

3. I have seen some in Spain and SouthAfrica (in Spanish) but they require having previous notions, they do not start from scratch.

Best regards,

1. Concepts such as: OPEN EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES vs DIGITAL/EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES
    The key word is OPEN.
  2. A strategy is to have a person to introduce the newcomers to this OE world, in other to be listen carefully and close to their questions.
  3. I have seen some in Spain and SouthAfrica (in Spanish) but they require having previous notions, they do not start from scratch.

Best regards,