Dear colleagues, you are invited to the second event in the ENOEL Workshop series, organised by SPARC Europe and the European Network of Open Education Librarians (ENOEL), on 17 July 2023 at 1-2:30 PM CEST (your local time: 2023-07-17T11:00:00Z→2023-07-17T12:30:00Z). The workshop topic is “Embrace the Open: How to organise your Open Textbook pilot”.Our workshop facilitators are:
- Sylvia Moes (VU University, Netherlands)
- Mira Buist-Zhuk (University of Groningen, Netherlands)
- Lambert Heller (TIB- Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology, Germany)
In this workshop, you will be guided through the main considerations and steps necessary to effectively organise the support base for your open textbook pilot project. Together with the facilitators, you will reflect on the central role of librarians in the process of creating and publishing a new open textbook, as well as how to identify and engage the relevant stakeholders that will help you meet your project’s needs.
Furthermore, we will explore strategies to inspire and facilitate collaboration among all team members, ensuring the success of your open textbook pilot and the potential to transform it into a permanent, valuable service at your university.
The workshop will include a panel discussion and a hands-on opportunity to sketch the main considerations for starting your university’s own open textbook publishing pilot. The chat will be open for the audience to ask questions and engage in the discussion directly with our experts.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Outline which are the main steps to organise the support base for your open textbook pilot project
- Examine what is the role of the librarian in the process of creating and publishing a new Open Textbook
- Identify who are the stakeholders to get involved in your specific context according to the pilot project needs and requirements
- Ignite and maintain the collaboration between all the working team members to make the Open Textbook pilot a success and potentially translate it into a permanent service.
Please join us. Register using this link: https://tinyurl.com/ENOELWorkshop2
We hope you can make it, and we encourage you to share this with your colleagues!