The Open Education Global 2020 Conference Planning Committee has been monitoring developments around COVID-19 globally closely and has considered its volatile and unpredictable developments and negative impact around the world.
After extensive consultations with the main Conference host, Taipei Medical University, as well as the Open Education Global Board of Directors, the decision was made to transition the OE Global 2020 Conference into a hybrid event which will include virtual and potentially some face-to-face events. We believe that this is the right decision for our community, as we all work to manage our way through this period of disruption and concern.
What does this mean?
- OE Global 2020 Conference will take place virtually through a combination of synchronous and asynchronous activities. The 2020 conference theme, Connecting the Global Open Education Community, signifies even more to our community during this unprecedented time. Social connection avenues will be a strategic part of the conference to provide additional opportunities for participants to engage about the content of presentations and in networking/collaboration opportunities.
- Taipei Medical University (TMU), Taiwan will continue to be the host for #OEGLOBAL20.
- Two conference co-hosts, eCampus Ontario and TU Delft will help manage and facilitate the conference in different parts of the world, taking time zone differences into account.
- Some regional face-to-face events may take place, situation permitting.
- The new conference dates are 16-20 November .
- Formal conference sessions will take place on 16th, 18th and 20th November
- Social engagement sessions will be organized on 17th and 19th November
- A new Call for Proposals (CFP) was re-launched 25th May . The new CFP will reflect the online format of the conference and a new timeline.
- The conference website will continuously be updated to reflect this new scenario.
Sign up for conference email alerts for updates.