There is a story behind the OE Awards Trophy

The conception, design, development, and production of the 2020 Open Education Awards for Excellence trophy is like no previous year.

Designed by: Mario Badilla, OEG Creative Director

Fabricated by: Fab Lab Kä Träre, UNED, Distance State University of Costa Rica Fab Lab YouTube

7 Likes

Wow! This is such a cool idea!

3 Likes

Special thanks to the wonderful design work of Open Education Globals Creative Director, Mario Badilla, and to the Fab Lab Kä Träre, at UNED, Distance State University of Costa Rica for creating this years actual awards.

Awesome video above of the awards being generated from Mario’s design by 3D printers at the Fab Lab. Here’s a picture Mario shared of the awards in their box before being shipped.

5 Likes

A a cool award for super cool award winners - like you!

1 Like

OMG, It’s beautiful!

1 Like

Excelente creación Felicidades Mario y a quienes dirigen la Universidad Estatal a Distancia de Costa Rica son Académicas muy brillantes.

2 Likes

Beautifully designed OE award trophy

1 Like

The design is Unique! Ultra-modern and forward thinking.

1 Like

Very innovative! The story behind the Fab Lab Kä Träre lab is amazing. I enjoyed learning about the fabulous work they are doing! :clap:t5:

I can confirm that the award is just as mesmerizing in person. Thank you so much Paul, @marcela, @Mario and everyone else at OE Global!

4 Likes

Great @apurva! :slight_smile:
Glad to know the award is now in your hands.
A small token of appreciation for the wonderful work you do for the community.
Thank you!

3 Likes

Thank you @apurva so glad you liked it! :trophy:

Thanks to everyone at the Fab Lab who frabricated the award trophy, especially to Farith Tabash who designed the cool box!

3 Likes

Gracias por sus palabras. De mi parte, como funcionaria del Laboratorio de Fabricación Kä Träre, le agradezco el reconocimiento al trabajo realizado por los compañeros para dar cuerpo al diseño maravilloso de @Mario.

1 Like

¡Qué emocionante ver el resultado del trabajo de mis compañeros de la UNED! Felicitaciones por la gran labor y por hacer realidad el maravilloso diseño de @Mario Badilla.

2 Likes

The 2021 Trophies, special 10th Year Anniversary Editing, are going out to the Individual Award Winners (see who won and send congratulations their way!)

Once again, these were designed by @Mario and 3D printed at the Fab Lab Kä Träre, at UNED, Distance State University of Costa Rica.

1 Like

And indeed, the OE Awards Trophy will be sent again in 2023 to the winners in the Individual Awards category, thanks again to the mad skills of our guru OEG Creative Director @mario and the team from Fab Lab Kä Träre, UNED, Distance State University of Costa Rica who do the 3D printing.

I am trying to convince my team we should do an OEG Live episode when these are printed…

(hint-- maybe the Fab Lab deserves a nomination, anyone here can make that happen)