WELCOME first-time conference attendees!

The account, ‘Beat’, has been deleted.

Susan

Thank you Susan.

Get BlueMail for Android

1 Like

No problem. Enjoy the conference!

1 Like

Welcome, Roma! I love that you included learn, unlearn, and relearn. I use this phrase often and even have it in my Twitter and LinkedIn profiles!

My name is Kristina and I’m the Director of Primary & Secondary Education at OEG. So pleased to have you join us this year!

1 Like

Hi Kristina,
So nice to hear from you. I feel thrilled and excited to join this conference which is all about transcending boundries, and transforming the lives through new techno-pedagogical skills. I am also immensely happy to get to know people from different streams and subjects, working dedicatedly in their fields and researching to find out new ways to reach out to all through Open Education.
I am organizing an international lecture series on the topic, " New trends and issues in Education’ to help students and teachers to know what is happening all over the world in this context. I invite you and all interested ones to participate in this open Education program.
Please check out some of the videos in our department’s YouTube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXQlupcaVdFQg9Qcl1XHRWA

1 Like

First-time Attendees:

One of the things that you can do to help you prepare for the conference is to PLAN YOUR WEEK! I’m sure you have the blocked the week on your calendar - but if you aren’t careful, the week will pass quickly!

Review the Program and Save the sessions that you would like to attend! With over 200 presentations, there are a lot of sessions to select from. You can sort the sessions by day or view them all at once.

Once you’ve made your selections, check the Only show my saved sessions button and you will see the sessions for the week!

3 Likes

Welcome,
A big hello dear Ajita, It is a pleasure to meet you on this virtual platform. It’s nice to know that you work on ICT Pedagogy integration, I am a teacher educator in Lucknow and am organizing an online lecture series on Latest Trends and Issues in Educationand we would love to invite you to present on ICT- Pedagogy. :tulip:

1 Like

Even better is that by saving the sessions in Connect, the schedule will create itself based on your time zone!

1 Like

FIRST-TIME ATTENDEES… are you interested in becoming a member of Open Education Global? As a first-time attendee, submit a Membership Application Form during the conference (by 20 November) and your will receive a 50% discount on your 2021 membership fee.

.OE Global Membership promotion OCT2020.pdf (77.0 KB)

2 Likes

It would be pleasure to become a member of Open Education Global. Thanks for the discount.

1 Like

Hi Roma, Likewise. It would be an honor to have you join.

1 Like

Thank you so much dear@Susan :bouquet:. I look forward to your prestigious presence. It would definitely encourage me. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello everyone!! I’m Harry !! from Houston Texas… Looking forward to learn, meet and create great connections with all of you!!!

3 Likes

Welcome, Harry! Glad to have on join the conference! :oeg: :open_smiley:

1 Like

Hola!!!. Que tal. Soy nueva en este evento…y dispuesta a aprender y compartir. Gracias :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hello from Vancouver, BC, Canada! I live (and work from home right now) on the traditional and unceded territories of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh Nations.

I have been an open education enthusiast and advocate for a number of years, but have not been able to attend an OE Global conference until now. I haven’t traveled a great deal in the last few years and have missed out on some conferences because of that; I am excited that this one is fully online so I can attend for the first time!

I am a faculty member at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, in philosophy. I’m also the Academic Director of our Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology.

I’m excited to participate as much as I can alongside a very busy work schedule, and to meet new folks in the open education world!

3 Likes

Hi Christina! Welcome to OEGlobal 2020!

1 Like

Hi OE Global Community!

I am a first time attendee at OE Global. I’ve taken the entire week off from my day job (working in IT Infrastructure Architecture) to learn and collaborate with those supporting OER creation and use.

My only other conference that I’ve attended on this topic was the PCF-5 conference in London, England back in 2008. This was a special conference for me as it was the first time my written work was published and distributed in print and digital (Creative Commons license).

Chapter 19 - Building Communities of Practice - http://oasis.col.org/handle/11599/52

More than a decade later, I’m excited to be attending my next conference. I was inspired to attend as I believe recent advances in technology provide a great opportunity to support the OER community. You can check out the details on what I’m working on in the Collab and Convo space under the post “OpenSail Education”.

I look forward to meeting with, learning from, and listening to the diverse members within this community and building collaborations and providing support wherever I can.

Shawn

1 Like

Hello fellow Canadian @cihendrickbc,
I am also from BC, grew up in Fort St. John. Have been living in Uganda since 1999. I have been involved in primary and secondary education during this time. One of the things I am looking to get from this conference is to develop local teachers and help them find the skills to use OE materials effectively.
I wish you a very exciting and informative conference.
Beat

1 Like

Glad you mentioned primary and secondary education. Be on the lookout for @kmishmael during the conference. This past year, Kristina was added to our staff team to specifically focus on that sector - she has a wealth of knowledge in that area!

Happy Conference!!

Susan