Who is coming to OEG 2020?

Welcome Regina. So great to see you here amidst international colleagues - I like how you phrased it “One big global community”. That’s what we’re striving for with this years OEGlobal 2020 conference and with OEG Connect. Appreciate having your voice, experience, and ideas here as part of it.

Thanks @cogdog :slight_smile: This accomplishment is shared together with @marcela. Our very first OE Global Conference was in Hanoi, Vietnam.

Welcome @ReginaGong It was lovely meeting you in person in Milan.

Thank you @Weblearning for this lovely reminder of good times in Milan. Welcome back :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Alan. Met some of your former colleagues from Maricopa Community College last year. Good people. So, now onto the challenge of being together in a photograph when we cannot physically gather in the same room.

1 Like

I extend a warm welcome to you and looking forward to your presentation.

True! OCWC Global 2010 Hanoi, Vietnam. It seems like yesterday. :slightly_smiling_face:
Looking forward to the :open_smiley: marathon to continue. :running_man: :running_woman:

1 Like

Hi,
Thank you very much for the warm welcome and we are honored to be here. Please enjoy our work and leave your advice or suggestion. We’re looking forward to hearing from you again.

Nonie

1 Like

Good morning from Montgomery College in Maryland. I’m looking forward to joining the conference as this is my first OE Global conference.

Welcome Nonie
:bouquet:

Michael, welcome!
Glad you’re joining us for your first OEGlobal conference.
And congrats to you and your colleagues on winning a 2020 Open Education Award of Excellence for the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals Open Pedagogy Fellowship - fantastic.

Hi, this is Felix in Washington DC. Currently involved in cnbGuatemala.org - an online version of the Guatemalan national curriculum using Mediawiki and Punto Crea, rural makerspaces in the Guatemalan Highlands (though now fully online in response to the pandemic). Looking forward to the conference and gearing up for our presentation on the curriculum. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Welcome / Bienvenido Felix! :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s great to have you join us for the first time in an OE Global conference.
Looking forward to your presentation and excited with the opportunity to learn more about cnbGuatemala.org and PuntoCrea.

1 Like

Dear Dr. Joseph,

Thank you very much for the warm welcome. Such a pleasure! :bouquet:

1 Like

Warm Welcome Falvarado :bouquet:

1 Like

Thanks for your response Dear Nonie,
It’s a pleasure to meet people working in the field of OE, It would be my pleasure to share with you and with @Drbabitaparashar and learn from you about the same.

Hello everyone! My name is Bonnie Boardman and I’m a faculty member in the Industrial Engineering Department at the University of Texas at Arlington. Compared to most of you I’m an OER newb. I have repurposed some open materials into an intro book for our discipline and now I’m hooked. This will be my first OEG conference and I’m really looking forward to learning from everyone.

3 Likes

Hi Bonnie. Anyone who has repurposed open materials into an intro book is no longer a newb! You’re officially an open educator. Welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Warm Welcome,
Dear @Bonnie. I am a teacher educator in the Bachelor of Education department, Isabella Thoburn College, and I am also attending the conference for the first time. It’s a pleasure to meet you and to learn from you.

1 Like

Hello OEG Community
It is a wonderful opportunity to communicate, share and learn from global education community. Last year I offered an online course under OER4BW project on Life Skills in Education. Creating OER learning material on online platform has been a great experience so far. I really look forward to all opportunities to meet, learn and share with people from same field in this conference and explore opportunities to collaborate and take this mission froward.