A Call for Ukrainian OER for Refugee Learners

Hi @cogdog, Hi everyone,
I am in contact with one of our ENOEL members; she lives in Dnipro, lately in the basement of her home with family members (grandchildren and daughters-in-law). Here is what she wrote to me in one of her last messages: “Ukrainian librarians, despite often unbearable conditions, continue to work remotely and physically in their institutions (if possible). But we are still working in groups of volunteers: we bake pies, weave camouflage nets, help people in need get medicine, clothes, water, food. There is enough work for everyone.” “Of course, as far as possible, in the conditions of frequent lack of electricity, communications, air raids and missile attacks, we continue our library work.” “Libraries provide training in emergency medical assistance. The libraries were fitted out as hostels, points of assistance to displaced persons who are forced to leave their homes.” So: maybe sharing OER related to emergency medical assistance might help? And other very practical subjects related to emergency situations? Most of all if in video format, as far as they are able to download them. As an example, there is a doctor, Dr Nelya Melnitchouk in Brigham and Women’s Hospital, who is recording videos about how to stop the bleed (Training Video: How to Stop the Bleed - Навчальне Відео: Як Зупинити Кровотечу і Врятувати Життя - YouTube). This is not a CC-licensed video (maybe they do not know about licenses), but at present time I think any resource like this might be helpful. If there are videos like this one that can support people who do not have medical skills, it would be helpful to share. If they are OER, even better.

1 Like