Braiding Again at OEGlobal 2024

Hi @cogdog.

I was super impressed with the two-eyed seeing and braiding activities at the OEGlobal 2023 conference in Edmonton. Big thanks to our Norquest colleagues @Darrion @DawnWitherspoon @rlawson780.

That experience inspired me to submit a wild card proposal called “Reimagining Open at the Crossroads” for OEGlobal 2024 seeking to braid @catherinecronin and Laura Czerniewicz’s call to action from their keynote at the ALT OER 2024 conference in Ireland, “The Future isn’t what it used to be: Open Education at a Crossroads", to OEGlobal’s 2024 conference in Brisbane.

I was very pleased to receive Catherine and Laura’s kind encouragement and get acceptance of my wild card proposal from OEGlobal’s review committee.

Starting today I’m launching a series of weekly braiding activities open to everyone to participate in whether attending the OEGlobal 2024 conference in Brisbane or not. Here is an Introduction to these braiding activities and here is the first activity Reimagining Open at the Crossroads Through Music.

Thanks to @AdrianStagg for sharing He Awa Whiria: Braiding the knowledge streams in research, policy and practice. I hope other braiding related activities are part of the conference and look forward to engaging and participating in these with everyone.

3 Likes