Call for Papers: Open Education and the Commons

Dear OEG Community,

Let me wish you a healthy and insightful new year!
I am looking forward to continue to advance openness in a collaborative worldwide effort.
The young multilingual journal Education Ouverte et Libre - Open Education has issued its second call, focusing on Open Education and Commons.
The call is available from: https://oap.unige.ch/journals/eol-oe/announcement/view/30 and you are cordially invited to contribute.
Best regards,
Barbara

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this call, Barbara, it always seems timely, yet even more now, to share the concept of the Commons.

Our Communications expert @IslaHF has this queued for wider sharing tomorrow to our various social media channels.

If anyone has an interest or question about the journal or ideas for a contribution, ask Barbara here.

Barbara - this is an interesting opportunity that I hope some are taking you up on. I am hoping that when I am finished with my dissertation that I will be able to contribute to call such as these. I’ll be looking through the previous articles in this journal to expand my understanding of others’ work. Thanks for the share!
Best,
Alex

Dear OE Community,

I hope you are all doing well and wish you a healthy and insightful new year !
Please allow me to remind you of the call for papers for a special issue on OE and Commons of the journal Education Ouverte et Libre - Open Education.

Within the second issue of Education Ouverte et Libre – Open Education, scholars are invited to reflect on Open Education from the commons’ perspective. You can revisit discussions that happened in the past, actualising them for the XXIst century context, explore new avenues, reach out to liquid and postdigital perspectives (Tesar et al., 2022), etc. […] Read the full call!

The first issue of Education Ouverte et Libre - Open Education, with two volumes, is on-line: the editorial has been published in English and French so far and all articles come with their ecosystem. Namely, the translation of a long abstract in the 6 UN languages, a positionality statement of authors and open peer review reports.

The journal, which was launched with seed money from the Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF), was valued on the AUF website: Éducation Ouverte et Libre - Open Education, nouveau journal scientifique multilingue consacré à l’ouvert et au libre en éducation - AUF .
We now aim to publish one issue per year.

The journal team is looking forward to your participation in this second issue: please send your declaration of intention until January 15th, 2024!
Thank you :slight_smile: