Cultivating creativity is such an important part of fueling innovation. MIT is home to many works of public art. If you’re joining us online, you can browse MIT’s digital guide of exhibits at the MIT List Museum. If you’re with us on campus, use this public art map to take yourself on a tour. Take some selfies in front of the art and drop them here for all to enjoy!
The site seems to promote https://www.bloombergconnects.org/ - “expert-curated content and guides to over 1500 museums, galleries, sculpture parks, gardens, and cultural space”
I wonder whether this is related in some way to Bloomberg the business publication
Thanks for sharing the art guide and public art map. I zoomed in and many are very close to the conference location (my squiggles on the map).
From a quick scan, I would be drawn to get photos of Venet’s Two Indeterminate lines.
Indeed, please share some selfies, but also, of those who are there can share an isolated photo of the art, maybe those of us who are participating online can use an image as a background to take a selfie?
Awww Stephen, it’s hardly “promotion” of the business, a logo in the footer which is not even linked to the philanthropic organization which yes, is funded by Bloomberg the company https://www.bloomberg.org/.
Let’s find Stephen a nice art image!
Maybe ‘promotion’ is overstating it a bit, but I get a visceral reaction any time I see MIT - Bloomberg - etc. cross-referencing. As though we should all pay attention because it’s MIT (sponsored by Bloomberg, the very epitome of everything I find distasteful about the New America). Usually I just keep it to myself; sorry to those offended.
Awww Stephen, no offense! You know I enjoy needling you, all in jest (and wrapped in respect).
Of course we should always wonder who/what is behind the scenes, a valid question.
DId you find any neat art on the map?
I did look and… no. I could have looked harder, I suppose.
I’d also be interested in seeing what public art our online attendees have in their neighborhoods. Please share some photos! ![]()
