Journal for Multicultural Education Special Issue: The Intersections of Open Educational Practices and Equity Pedagogy

I literally stumbled upon this goldmine of an issue that hopefully is of interest here. The current issue of the Journal for Multicultural Education is on the topic of The Intersections of Open Educational Practices and Equity Pedagogy and is co-edited by OEGlobal members from Lehman College Stacy Katz @skatz and Jennifer Van Allen @jennifer.vanallen

In this special issue, The Intersections of Open Educational Practices and Equity Pedagogy , we seek to further the discussion with a focus on pedagogical considerations and practical applications of equitable OEP, adding to the current dialogue and critical questions posed by scholars around the world.

Stacy and Jennifer appear on a podcast introducing this issue:

As explained in their opening paper, this entire issue is available openly with some grant support from the Hewlett Foundation. So all of these papers are openly available (curiously without a license mentioned):

4 Likes

Yes, this is a fantastic piece of work. I love that there are a few different angles on open being investigated here.

1 Like

This is interesting and good luck to all those who are working on this piece. I will keep watching this thread for more details.

1 Like

Just logging back in for the first time in a while. Thanks for sharing the special issue @cogdog. It does have a CC-BY license. We actually just added it to Manifold so it’s now available on an open platform with social annotation - https://cuny.manifoldapp.org/projects/the-intersections-of-open-educational-practices-and-equity-pedagogy

Thanks for the update, Stacy, and so good to see the issue on Manifold!