OE Awards Into the Review Stage

We are excited to share that the nomination window for the 2023 Open Education Awards for Excellence closed with 172 nominations received.

These entries reflect people, projects, resources from 34 countries including Australia, Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Costa Rica, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Mexico, Netherlands, Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Senegal, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, United Kingdom, United States, and Uruguay.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the first phase of this recognition process. Next, the nominations enter the review phase where they will be evaluated by our committee of twenty former award winners.

Imgur
Card Puncher, an Integral Part of the Tabulation System Used by the United States Census Bureau to Compile the Thousands of Facts Gathered by the Bureau flickr photo by The U.S. National Archives shared with no copyright restriction (Flickr Commons)

Look for updates here and also via the updates section of the Awards site as we look next to announcing the shortlist of finalists on August 30 and announcing the winners in a live web event September 13.

We continue to feature and share the stories of impact from previous OE Awards winners. And also, shared only here in OEG Connect, we are hoping to arrange a live webcast from the Fab Lab Kä Träre (UNED, Distance State University of Costa Rica) 3D printing of the OE Awards trophy.

It’s all inspiring and again we thank all nominators for making this years selection process a challenge to choose the award winners.

Just posting here because I can that the 20 members of our review committee are about halfway through in time and number in their task of evaluating the nominations for this year’s awards. Having seen all 172 come in I can tell you their task is challenging.

Can I do more to build up some anticipation? Again, like last year we will share publicly (August 30) the list of finalists in each of the 16 award categories.

With this being the first year I have been involved behind the scenes, I am committed to sharing the names and links to all projects and people who were nominated.

Stay tuned!