Remix an Open Education Week Postcard

For something to do for Open Education Week we offer our digital postcards that you can easily remix / customize as well as share everywhere. This have been created for us by the amazing Bryan Mathers aka @VisualThinkery and his Visual Thinkery Remix Machine.

OE Week Postcard Remix 1

What is your vision/dream for open education? What could happen? What should happen? Add your own photo to the remix postcard, change the message, even insert your own stamp

open-default

Maybe one day open can be the assumption and that any other state requires an explicit statement otherwise. I can dream!

Create your own postcards as a remix of mine- You can upload your own photograph to replace mine, as well as a different image for the stamp. Change the message,the addressee, the sender and remix it as your own postcard.

When done you can Save and Share your postcard (publish to the remixer, send on twitter and/or download to post here as a reply). Remember to use the #oeweek tag wherever shared.

Reply with a message and upload the post card you created (just drag and drop images into the editor here or use the upload button)

Thanks again Bryan Mathers for bringing to Open Education Week this fabulous remixer (learn more about this concept).

Love seeing all the pictures of FUN activities posted during #OEWeek!

I’m not above bribery to get responses here! A call went out on twitter, I offered to make a custom GIF for the first 5 responders

And @Bookcharmer is the first to respond

Here is Rebecca’s card!

So, as promised, she gets a GIF…

Who else wants to play? Just make a remix of the initial postcard, share here or in twitter.

Hey, did you get our Open Education Week postcard? It had sufficient postage stamps!

Peeking into the remixer, we see a few new ones. We hope you enjoy remixing, and where possible, sharing them here.

We seem to be popular in Poland… this is from Damien

The card reads “ZYCZE DZIECIA DUZO ZDROWIA I SZCZESLIWYCH DNI ZYCIA. POZDRAWIAM Z POLSKI” and if we can trust Google translation, says “WISH CHILDREN A LOT OF HEALTH AND HAPPY DAYS OF LIFE. GREETINGS FROM POLAND.”

Thanks Damien!

From Kasia:

The card says “A JA MAM TERAZ TAKI FAJNY PROGRAM DO KARTEK :)” or maybe in English, “AND NOW I HAVE SUCH A COOL PROGRAM FOR CARDS”

Yes you do, Kasia. Share and remix widely!

From Chris

Chris

“LET’S BE OPEN - TO SHARING, AND TO LISTENING :¬)” that is a perfect sentiment for Open Education Week (and perhaps all weeks).

Finally, we see one from Sam, a card about care.

BEING OPEN AND BEING KIND

Now it is your turn… Start with our opening card, change the image, the stamp, the message, and create your Open Education Week 2021 postcard remix.

What do you think of this remixer? Let us know, or share you postcards here.

We are happy to see a few new postcards come in!

practice

Christine sent this from an Open Knowledge in Higher Education (OKHE) session from the University of Manchester Library

unpacking

Vikki sent one from the same OKHE Session

home-schooling

Shoaib seems weary of home schooling and worksheets.

anna-to-mum

And Anna sent one (photo perfectly attributed) to her Mum.

Did you try the remixer? It’s open for beyond OEWeek