Tagged for OEG Connect: 4K Rivers Landscape

What’s of interest? 4K Rivers Landscape

Tell me more!

An ongoing series of vibrant river and delta images from North America and other parts of the world. The images are constructed using high-resolution elevation data.

Images are ideal for hi-res screen wallpaper and are licensed Creative Commons BY NC-ND

created by Daniel Coe https://dancoecarto.com/

h/t Tom Woodward for the link

Where is it?: 4K Rivers Landscape | Flickr

This is one among many items I will regularly tag in Pinboard as oegconnect, and automatically post tagged as #OEGConnect to Mastodon. Do you know of something else we should share like this? Just reply below and we will check it out.

1 Like

I was quite mesmerized by this photo collection, especially as they are created from publicly available digital terrain data, but they are also artistic… and then to notice they are license Creative Commons

Imgur
25 Flathead River Montana Landscape flickr photo by dcdancoe shared under a Creative Commons (BY-NC-ND) license

… but then to follow the photos links to Daniel Coe’s web site to find many more cartographic art and visualizations the majority of which are also licensed CC .e.g. the Mount St Helens diagrams created for the US Geological Survey.

One link leads to another and another…