Tagged for OEG Connect: Beeper — All your chats in one app. Yes, really

What’s of interest? Beeper — All your chats in one app. Yes, really.

Tell me more!

Beeper is a universal chat app. With Beeper, you can send and receive messages to friends, family and colleagues on 14 different chat networks, all from a single app.

Beeper is free to use, with optional paid subscription. You can use Beeper on all your devices — your messages sync seamlessly. Our apps are available on Android, iPhone, iPad, ChromeOS, macOS, Windows and Linux.

Where is it?: https://www.beeper.com/

This is one among many items I will regularly tag in Pinboard as oegconnect, and automatically post tagged as #OEGConnect to Mastodon. Do you know of something else we should share like this? Just reply below and we will check it out.

And in more news, Beeper has been acquired by Automattic and I guess will be signing exclusive deals, selling user data, and raising subscriptions, all in order to pay off the debt created through the acquisition.

(Not a cynical response: this actually just happened: Beeper )

Hah, I was a bit quick to tag as “cooltech” and noticed this as well as a few comment noting concerns over preserving encryption. I tried to remove from reposting, but alas here it came.

At first glance a unified messaging app has an allure, but with more thought, one has to reconsider as always we do now, what price convenience. I think I will keep my sprawl of messaging apps where they are.

As you write that, I’m signing up for Beeper anyways. It’s too interesting to just be left alone.

That’s why I like you Stephen, curious to try goes a long way.,