Tagged for OEG Connect: Building Bridges for Open Content: Flickr Foundation’s Link between Flickr and Wikimedia Commons | Flickr Blog

What’s of interest? Building Bridges for Open Content: Flickr Foundation’s Link between Flickr and Wikimedia Commons | Flickr Blog

Tell me more!

Flickr is a primary source of imagery for Wikimedia Commons. This new bridge between Flickr and Wikimedia Commons—called “Flickypedia”— aims to create a streamlined experience, where every image shared retains its rightful attribution and licensing credentials, amplifying the spirit of responsible creativity. This, in turn, will expand and enhance the visual appeal and accuracy of Wikipedia articles, catering to the diverse interests and inquiries of users worldwide.

Flickypedia is one of the flagship projects of the Flickr Foundation and this partnership helps support Flickr Foundation’s ongoing commitment to promoting open, responsible access to creative works, while furthering the Wikimedia Foundation’s mission of providing free and accessible knowledge to everyone

Where is it?: Building Bridges for Open Content: Flickr Foundation’s Link between Flickr and Wikimedia Commons | Flickr Blog

This is one among many items I will regularly tag in Pinboard as oegconnect, and automatically post tagged as #OEGConnect to Mastodon. Do you know of something else we should share like this? Just reply below and we will check it out.

How cool is this! I love it when two favorite places work together to share the riches from creative people. Thanks Alan. :raised_hands: