Tagged for OEG Connect: The Lone Banana Problem. Or, the new programming: “speaking” AI - TL;DR - Digital Science

What’s of interest? The Lone Banana Problem. Or, the new programming: “speaking” AI - TL;DR - Digital Science

Tell me more!

The subtle biases of LLM training are difficult to detect but can manifest themselves in unexpected places. I call this the ‘Lone Banana Problem’ of AI.

Now, the more astute amongst you may notice an issue with the outputs that Midjourney has produced in Figure 1. While the bananas are beautiful and look extremely tasty in their artistic pose casting their shadow on the grey background, you may notice that I asked for a single solitary banana, on its own, but none of the variants that I received contained just one banana.

Where is it?: The Lone Banana Problem. Or, the new programming: “speaking” AI - TL;DR - Digital Science

This is one among many items I will regularly tag in Pinboard as oegconnect, and automatically post tagged as #OEGConnect to Mastodon. Do you know of something else we should share like this? Just reply below and we will check it out.