Tagged for OEG Connect: TikTok Cultures Research Network

What’s of interest? TikTok Cultures Research Network

Tell me more!

The TikTok Cultures Research Network is a portal for scholarly resources, research projects, and events that connects networks of qualitative scholars of various disciplines from around the world.

This research portal was founded in October 2020 by Professor Crystal Abidin and a group of Asia Pacific-based interdisciplinary scholars who are studying TikTok cultures from a variety of qualitative research methodologies. It is run by a small Core Team at Curtin University, Australia. We provide and facilitate the production of scholarly resources, research projects, and events that connect networks of qualitative scholars of various disciplines from around the world.

Our ethos is rooted in providing opportunities to junior, under-represented, and under-privileged scholars; in committing to a decolonial perspective that prioritises research from and by the margins/marginalized in the Asia Pacific and Global South; and in fostering meaningful and impactful collaboration and networking opportunities that will result in innovative research perspectives.

Where is it?: https://tiktokcultures.com/

This is one among many items I will regularly tag in Pinboard as oegconnect, and automatically post tagged as #OEGConnect to Mastodon. Do you know of something else we should share like this? Just reply below and we will check it out.

Or share it directly to the OEG Connect Sharing Zone

1 Like

Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing the information about the TikTok Cultures Research Network. It’s a valuable resource that highlights the importance of interdisciplinary collaboration and supports under-represented scholars.

I appreciate the invitation to suggest additional resources. I will keep this in mind and share any relevant findings with you.

Best regards,

Wisal Alim
University of Bahri
Assistant Professor

1 Like