The View We Never See in Zoom

Fantastic @cogdog

My friend is very happy with that validation.

Prompt and useful advice from the OE Global team.

Now off to copy your gift of knowledge for OER friends.

Thanks!

1 Like

**I do (like editing Markdown, given the option) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awww, that is great, Alan! Quite “Meta” to see, on my screen, your screen with me on it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I tried to find a way to do it through adding alt text to the image here but it didn’t seem possible, so I figured in the text itself is better than not at all!

1 Like

Oh nice, thank you for the hack! So you just put the description into the blob instead of the filename?

Yes that does work but it’s marginal difference to a reader, what you did acts as both a caption and alt, and maybe in a way is better as it is very visible as a practice.

I tend to put attributions below images, could easily make it attribution +alt.

Not too sure if one is technically “better” but is much better than none!

1 Like

Just before leaving Nantes, I used this booth in a coworking space to participate in the 11th edition of Dawson College’s MoodleDay. Though it wasn’t directly related to OEGlobal22, I spent quite a bit of time talking about interactions during the conf, sharing links related to OE, and getting people to think through ways to open up collaboration using platforms like Moodle.

2 Likes

Just saw as a new discourse feature, edit the image description from preview rather than in manual markdown

3 Likes

This is now available here in OEG Connect, no need to enter Markdown to write good alt text. After uploading an image in the editor, on the right side preview is the alt text with a pencil to edit (it defaults to the file name which is hardly useful).

2 Likes