Third Open Education Café on OE Policy

Hi there!
We are pleased to invite you to our third Open Education Café, organized by SPARC Europe and the European Network of Open Education Librarians (ENOEL), on 4 October 2022 at 1-2 PM CEST (Time Zone Converter – Time Difference Calculator). The topic this time is Open Education policymaking.

In this session, we will sit down with:

• Catherine Cronin (Independent Open Educator, Open Researcher, Ireland)
  • Melissa Highton (Director of Learning, Teaching and Web Services and Assistant Principal for Online and Open Learning, University of Edinburgh, Scotland)
  • Antonio Martínez-Arboleda (Academic lead for OEP and Co-Director of the Centre for Research in Digital Education, University of Leeds, UK)
  • Marc van Oostendorp (Professor of Dutch and Academic Communication at the Radboud University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands)

They will talk about their experiences relating to the Action Area 3 of the UNESCO Recommendation on OER: Developing Supportive Policy. The floor will be open for the audience to ask questions and engage in the discussion directly with our experts.

Attend this session, and you will learn:

• About OE Champion experiences regarding developing supportive policy for OER
  • How libraries can support the Open Education policymaking process.

Please join us. Register using this link: Meeting Registration - Zoom

This event is the third one in the series of Open Education Cafés. Stay tuned for more sessions coming this year.

We hope you can make it, and we encourage you to pass this on to your colleagues!
Ciao!

2 Likes

Grazie Paola for sharing the announcement of the Open Education Café, for anyone interested, OEG Connect can help-- this happens in your local time 2022-10-04T11:00:00Z2022-10-04T12:00:00Z (that’s a bit early over here!).

For those interested, please note we have an annotatable version (using Hypothes.is) of the OER Recommendation, and you can go directly to the notes for the Action Area on Developing Supportive Policy - we would love to see notes added from the discussions at the Café (especially for folks like me who may not be awake at that time).

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, Alan!
I will add the link to the Hypothes.is version of The UNESCO OER Rec - Action Area 2 in the chat for those who want to comment on it while following the discussion. This might help raise questions and comments to make the work progress. I know the OE Café is scheduled very early for your time zone. We are going to record the event and share it openly on the ENOEL YouTube Channel, I’ll share the link as soon as ready :slight_smile: