WELCOME first-time conference attendees!

Glad you mentioned primary and secondary education. Be on the lookout for @kmishmael during the conference. This past year, Kristina was added to our staff team to specifically focus on that sector - she has a wealth of knowledge in that area!

Happy Conference!!

Susan

Ā”Hola Yanely! Te saludo por acĆ” tambiĆ©n.

Me da gusto saber que estĆ”s inspeccionando todos los espacios en OEG Connect Ā”Bienvenida! :upside_down_face:

Wonderful to meet you here, Beat! I havenā€™t been to Fort St. John. Have lived in BC for 16 years, and there is so much to explore in this province!

Christina, weā€™re so happy to have you join us this year!

Iā€™d love to learn more about your role in the Centre for Teaching, Learning, and Technology. I previously worked on a team with the exact same name!

Hi Kristina! Thank you for the warm welcome. I am the Academic Director of the CTLT at UBC Vancouver, which is a faculty position that is seconded to the centre for a five year term. I am officially the leader of the whole unit, though in practice I work quite collaboratively with a team of staff who each lead the various teams in the centre. I recently start my third year in this role, and really enjoy it!

Where did you work that had a unit with the same name?

1 Like

Warm greetings, especially to first-time participants. This will be my fourth time at OEGlobal and itā€™s always a wonderful experience. I look forward to meeting many of you as well as reconnecting with long-time friends and colleagues. Iā€™m affiliated with Royal Roads University, where I teach in the online MA in Learning and Technology program, and am also Adjunct Faculty with Thompson Rivers University, all in beautiful British Columbia on the west coast of Canada. My interests are mainly in open educational practices. If anyone wants to connect just to chat or whatever, please get in touch!

1 Like

Welcome, Irwin! There will be lots of resources and opportunities for you in the open educational practices area!

Hi Christina!

Iā€™m glad to see you here and to have seen you in vConnecting last week. Would love to catch up at some point. I hope you have a great week here.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

This is also my first OEGlobal conference and I"m very happy to be ā€œhere.ā€ Iā€™m looking forward to connecting with folks through session discussions throughout the week.

2 Likes

Hi Irwin.

So glad to see you. Hoping we have some chances to connect throughout the week.

1 Like

Hi Everyone, this is my first time attending OEGlobal! Iā€™m very excited to be here.

3 Likes

hi there,
My name is Dave Smulders, and I live and work in Vancouver BC as an instructor with the University of British Columbia and as a curriculum and faculty developer with the Justice Institute of British Columbia. I have been involved with Open Education activities for many years, but this is my first time as a member of this conference. Looking forward to learning from everyone.
Dave

1 Like

Thanks, Tanya! Great to see you here too. Indeed, catching up would be fantasticā€¦after OE Global! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Dave! I work at UBC Vancouver too! Which department do you teach in? Iā€™m in philosophy.

For sure! Great to connect Tanya.

Thank you. I have met Kristina on zoom. She has been a great help.

2 Likes

Hello all! Looking forward to all enthusiastic educators at the workshop

!

2 Likes

Thank you Suzan and hello to everyone.
I am Aras Bozkurt from Anadolu University, Turkey. We will present ā€œOpen Education and Open Science for our Global Society During and After the COVID-19 Outbreakā€ with some colleges all around the world.

Happy to connect during the #OEGlobal20.

I am at Twitter @arasbozkurt and we will track #OpenScience to crowdsource your ideas.

See you online :wink:

2 Likes

Hi Surita,

Nice to meet you (beyond Twitter). I hope our paths cross throughout the week.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the welcome. My name is Tony and I am a Dean at Harford Community College in Maryland - USA.