When Was Your First Participation in Open Education Week?

The first Open Education Week took place in 2012– and there has been one every year since.

Let’s see how long people have been part of this, either as a participant or as a provider of an event/resource.

What year did you first participate in Open Education Week?
  • 2012 - I was in it from the start
  • 2021 - I will make this my first!

0 voters

Share below any details of your past participation that will help others understand the value of this event. Or share what you hope to get out of this if 2021 is your first.

If I trusted my memory I would have been wrong, but searching my blog resulted in finding a presentation I did in 2015 in Victoria, BC with Brian Lamb was part of a series of talks coordinated by BCcampus for Open Education Week.

The one I remembered better was only a year ago…

In all of these it was fulfilling to be adding a small bit to a world wide focus on Open Education. You should find any way you can to join in.

I participated in the OEWEEK in 2019 by conducting activities at my University, but I didn’t get around to being a participant on this platform. But this year, I have! And I am so glad about that! I conducted “activity-a-thon” of 2 activities and 2 workshops. In the first open workshop I spoke about evolution of OERs, and the CC licensing. The participants could give CC license to their work. The second open workshop discussed ideation for a game used as educational aid. Two activities conducted asynchronously for submissions- postcard making inspired by the one one had for the OE Global Conference 2020, though we allowed them to do various versions including the non electronic one and uploading an image of it. The other one was reviving lost traditional recipes. And I submitted my open asset too! All this using the institutional email id.
Overall, am good experience!

1 Like

This is wonderful news Ajita, and we are glad you were able to remix the postcard concept (as we remixed the idea from other versions).

And the recipe activity sounds… delicious? Are there links to them? Or examples of what came out?

Thanks for sharing here.

1 Like

Yeah, I am trying to make a little scrapbook of sorts. Will share once (and if) ready and done. :slightly_smiling_face: