Who is coming to OEG 2020?

Hello everybody,
My name is Ingrid Vos from the TU Delft in the Netherlands. It’s my first OEGlobal.
I am looking forward to hosting the session on Wednesday from Delft in which Open Educational Resources and the value of fun in Online Learning is discussed!
That will be fun!
Hope to meet you there!

1 Like

Hello Ingrid, welcome!
We are excited to have you join us on your first OE Global Conference.
Talking about fun in Open Learning?! Don’t we all need a little bit of that? Even more now than ever. :upside_down_face:
I look forward to your presentation.

Hello @paulstacey,
I am pleased to be able introduce myself. My name is Beat Odermatt, I am a Swiss Canadian who have been involved in education for more than 40 years. image
I have been working in Uganda and South Sudan since 1999 in the field of education. For the first 13 years I was working with a large international NGO. Seven years ago I started a private international primary and secondary school however I have continue to have interest in the educational sector in Uganda. I have introduced Open Learning to the regional director in the Uganda Ministry of Education. He is very excited about find ways to incorporate new methods and ideas into the local primary and secondary education system.
I joined OEG last year so I am just learning about these exciting new ways of bringing great learning opportunities to larger segments of the population in a cost effective manner. I would very much appreciate any guidance you could give about presenters in this conference who are focused on primary/secondary schools. Much of what I see seems to be geared towards college and university level education.
Thank you so much for your time.
Have a good day.
Beat

1 Like

Will miss seeing you in person without the crutches but glad to see you virtually! :101:

You too, Susan! Our annual photos are quite lovely…

1 Like

Hi, @Beat1 .
Congrats on the meaningful and important work you are doing.

And thanks for your interest in presenters focused on primary/secondary schools.
We have a whole track this year dedicated to that. Here’s how to filter the program to see all the sessions in the primary/secondary track.

If you click Program in the red navbar at the top of the OEG Connect space it takes you to the OE Global 2020 Schedule. The top of the schedule has an area that looks like this:

If you click on All topics a dropdown menu appears. One of the options is “Connecting Open Education to Primary and Secondary (K-12) Education”. If you choose that option it will list all of the sessions related to primary and secondary education. If you click on any of the sessions listed it will take you to the unique area in the conference space for that session where a full description of the session can be found and where you can click reply and ask a question or introduce yourself to the people doing the session. We see this as providing a forum for saying hi and expressing interest in advance of the session and where discussion and dialogue after the session can continue.

In addition my Open Education Global colleague, Kristina Ishmael, who leads our work in primary and secondary education, has created a K-12/Primary & Secondary topic in the Convo and Collab area of the conference. All those interested in primary and secondary are encouraged to meet-up and connect with Kristina and each other there. Please be sure to leave a reply post introducing yourself, describing your primary and secondary work, and expressing interest in connecting with others.

We’re pleased to be highlighting, supporting, and celebrating primary and secondary open education in this way. Hope you find it useful and make lots of connections.

1 Like

Beat, it’s great to see you here! Hopefully the tips that @paulstacey shared will help you find more sessions for K-12/Primary & Secondary.

I would also like to invite you to one of our meetups next week to talk about Open Education in K-12/Primary & Secondary!

2020-11-18T02:00:00Z2020-11-18T03:00:00Z

2020-11-19T13:30:00Z2020-11-19T14:30:00Z

1 Like

Welcome to OEG, Felix! Thank you SO much for sharing your work! I just shared on Twitter because I know many dual language/bilingual teachers here in the US that would love to use this.

Oh, how I wish I could you give a big hug right now, Regina! I didn’t realize that Milan was your first OEG! Well, here’s a photo to help bring a smile to your face. Look forward to seeing you in sessions next week and here in Connect.

2 Likes

Hey there @paulstacey and everyone else.

My name is Teemu Ropponen, I am joining on behalf of MyData Global and am based in Helsinki, Finland. I will be speaking on Monday the 16th, 9 AM CET about personal data, and in particular, skills data.

It’s also my first OEG, so of course I’m a bit nervous - and looking forward to it!

Just checking out the platform now. Seems rather intuitive.

Thanks so much. It will be great to share and be challenged by comments and questions.

1 Like

Hi Rita - I’m also in Canada, presenting about my mentoring story with OE4BW. Will look you up and hopefully connect beyond this conference.

Two of my fav’s in OE!!! What wonderful smiles!
Hoping to reconnect in the coming week, making OER and OEP a global, participatory, endeavour! Helen

2 Likes

Thanks for connecting, Helen.
Looking forward to learning more from/about you next week.

1 Like

Hi Kristina,
Thank you so much for touching base.

I will attend those meetings. The two links you provided are for the meetings?

Wishing you a great weekend.

Beat

1 Like

Hi Tannis!

Glad to see you here. I’m going to mostly try to attend this conference asynchronously, but might cheat in order to attend your session.

Hello from beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada. I am grateful to live and work on the unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh-ulh Temíx̱w (Squamish), and səl̓ilwətaɁɬ təməxʷ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.

I work for the Canadian federal government at the Canada School of Public Service on a team that is advocating for open learning.

We are piloting a learning content sharing initiative in collaboration with eCampus Ontario and other provincial institutions in the OER community.

I am looking forward to connecting and learning on a number of topics including:

• metadata best practices for OER, especially multilingual metadata
  • helping people create reusable learning objects (RLO)
  • designing accessible and inclusive learning resources from the start
  • nudging people towards a future-oriented way of learning design

Please send me a message if you think we should connect :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am excited to be part of #OEGlobal20 because Open Education is an exciting field and it holds much promise for millions around the world. I am looking forward to the presentation by @GinoFransman - the founder of our #OpenEdInfluencers in South Africa.

1 Like

3 Likes

Great to have you here @teemu.ropponen. Welcome to the open education global community. So delighted to have you share with this community your MyData Global work. Thank you!