Who's At The Open Education Conference 2023 next week?

It’s hit the two decade mark! The 20th Open Education Conference is next week, November 7-9, 2023, all online. Who’s going? Who’s presenting?

OpenEd23 banner with pretty circles, the theme of Innovation & Practice, building on 20 years of community

It’s quite a full program of 150 live and pre-recorded sessions, including keynotes by OEG Board member Rajiv Jhangiani @rajiv and Jasmine Roberts-Crews, both we saw recently in Edmonton at the OEGlobal23 conference.

Share what sessions you are looking forward to or ones you are presenting so we can look forward to them.

But also, since this conference has had such a long track record as a community, what has been your experience and memories of previous OpenEd conferences?

Share here or in your favorite social media channels via #opened23

i will be attending & co-presenting! this is my first time attending/being a part of the Open Education conference. i am co-presenting a pre-recorded 10 minute discussion, titled dreaming social justice, openness, and deaf learner access in adult and postsecondary education

excited to be part of it and part of building more accessibility in the next 20 yrs :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’ great Sammy Jo! I could not help myself and watched your presentation early.

I am in awe and so impressed with the dedication of your research group and eagerness to tie into the elements of accessibility and barrier reduction for deaf students. My credits to you, Shadae, Shadene, Venessa, and Andrea for sharing this important message.

And I expect you to be at OpenEd43 :wink:

I am now very interested in at least learning to express a greeting and my sign name. I hope you feel welcome here in OEG Connect about your advocacy efforts.

can’t wait for how accessible OpenEd43 is going to be :stuck_out_tongue: !!

so glad you enjoyed it and thank you for your kind words

CCCOER has a panel on Open Collaborations for Social Justice featuring 4 Open Education Leaders from diverse backgrounds and who play different leadership roles on their campuses: OA Virtual conferences. Join us at 12:30 EDT on Tues, Nov 7 to learn about how to apply the Lambert Social Justice Framework to assess and enhance your open education programs.Meeting Registration - Zoom

2 Likes

In addition to the CCCOER panel, our EDI committee co-VPs, @Acorbett and @waydeo have a presentation today at 3:15-3:55 pm EST, Where’s the Good Stuff? Exploring & Curating EDI Tools and Resources for OER.

Hopefully, lots of people join and add items the community-curated resource list that the EDI committee is working on. If you can’t join us, you can also submit resources via the CCCOER website Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Committee – CCCOER