Wikimedia Foundation Contest- Create the Sound of All Human Knowledge

The Sound of All Human Knowledge is a Wikimedia Foundation call for audio creativity to create a “sound logo”

Hey, computer…what is the sound of all human knowledge?”

That should be easy? If you thought Listen to Wikipedia was interesting (and that is one of my favorites), see what they seek in this contest.

Sound helps shape our perception and how we learn about the world around us. Some sounds are quite simple to identify, like the sound of a rocket launch or the sound of waves crashing against the shore. But how about the sound of all human knowledge?

The Wikimedia movement is searching for a sound logo that will identify content from all of our projects, like Wikipedia, when visual logos are not an option — for example, when virtual voice assistants answer queries.

Through an open contest, organised by the Wikimedia Foundation, we are inviting the world to create The Sound of All Human Knowledge. This sound will help communicate what the Wikimedia movement stands for — trustworthy, reliable, open, and accessible knowledge for all.

How would you describe such a sound? What should it encompass? Where are our OE musicians? Share suggestions and ideas here, but submit your sound before October 10, 2022.

1 Like

Thats sound so interesting i will going to take participate on this let me try my self that what can i better for on this.
Great initiative from Wikipedia foundation.

1 Like

Wiki In Africa’s WikiAfrica Hour talked through how this relates to the whole Wikimedia identity - you can catch it here - hope it gives you more ideas :upside_down_face:

1 Like

And we have a winner (thanks @IslaHF for the link)! The winning sound logo by Thaddeus Osborne:

CC by SA 4.0 by Thaddeus Osborne, also available on Wikimedia Commons

Read more about the sound Thaddeus created in the Wikimedia new srelease

I really like the sound logo.
It seems to me to be a fair winner and a wise selection. The accompanying text makes it even more inspiring:

“As a dedicated fan of Wikipedia, I strongly believe that the platform’s commitment to reliable and free information is essential to our global success. By incorporating my sound, I hope to make Wikipedia even more accessible and engaging, enabling readers [and now listeners] to embark on their own journey of discovery and knowledge. With more answers and information at our fingertips, we can tackle big problems and create a brighter future for all.”

1 Like