We’re excited to announce that the Community College Consortium of OER (CCCOER) is planning an Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) summer book club for Equity and Inclusion in Higher Education: Strategies for Teaching Edited by Rita Kumar and Brenda Refaei. The book club will consist of biweekly synchronous Zoom meetings and asynchronous discussions on OEGlobal’s discussion forum, OEG Connect.
Synchronous Meetings (Thursdays, 3 PM Eastern/2 PM Central/1 PM Mountain/12 PM Pacific/9 AM Hawaii-Aleutian Time)
- Thursday, June 2: Introduction and overview of the book and the group
- Thursday, June 16: Part I: Setting Up Inclusive Learning Environments (Chapters 1, 2, & 3)
- Thursday, June 30: Chapter 5 Pedagogies of Microresistance for Equity and Social Justice
- Thursday, July 14: Chapter 9 Inclusive Pedagogy in STEM Courses
- Thursday, July 28: Chapter 11 Creating a Culture of Respect
- Thursday, August 11: Chapter 15 Is Your Teaching Inclusive & Wrap Up