Adventuring in Interactivity with H5P (July 13 Webinar)

For my July 13 Summer Open Pedagogy Adventure live session (Register to attend), I offer no slides, but lots of links!

Why is H5P of interest for OER?

Find out how to access all you need for a summer open pedagogy adventure with H5P waiting for you in OEG Connect. What we do in this session is up to you-- we can explore examples of how other educators are creating interactive practice activities in their OER, experiment with remixing existing H5P content, or start building your own interactivity from scratch.

If you do not have access to an LMS enabled with H5P or a Pressbooks platform, create a demo account at h5p.org and/or download the desktop authoring tool from Lumi.education. Plus get a sneak peak into the soon to be available H5P Content Hub.

Remixed H5P logo with Sidewalk Mystery flickr photo by cogdogblog shared into the public domain using Creative Commons Public Domain Dedication (CC0)

An Unimpressive Demo

Reuse (download), Rights, Embed, Feedback.

What’s inside? H5P as self contained media

Starters

The H5P Open Pedagogy Summer Adventure

Let’s do them together…

Sneak Peak: The H5P Content Hub

1 Like

Well, @cogdog, you certainly lived up to your promise of having no slides, but lots of links!

One attendee said their mind was blown when they learned about using H5P to add interactions to videos, like multiple choice or fill-in-the-blank questions, or pop-up text. I loved the trick that you can add “h5p-listing” to the URL of any Pressbook and see all of the H5P elements they used. I found a couple of Pressbooks about OER with lots of interactive elements, which will come in handy if I ever write a course on OER (which may or may not ever happen…)
https://iastate.pressbooks.pub/oerstarterkit/h5p-listing/
https://open.ocolearnok.org/learnoer/h5p-listing/

If you weren’t able to join us for this session, be sure the check out all of the links above and the video below (but no slides :grin:)

3 Likes

Gracias, Alan!! This was awesome!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

I’m glad to hear that! Often I feel I am rambling. but enough about me- I hope you start sharing some of your examples that you sent via email, and use this place to ask questions about H5P or anything else.