Back Again, Again! The Remixable OEGlobal24 Digital Postcard

Let’s start some interaction here! We are rolling at a creative remix tool made for us by @VisualThinkery in the Visual Thinkery Fabulous Remix Machine (and shortlisted for a 2024 OEAward).

Start at the first postcard in the gallery:

Greetings to/from Brisbane digital postcard

The idea is to use the toolbar above the card to change up the photo, the message under the card, the image for the stamp, the postmark, the name of who to send it from, and changing the from to be you.

Then you publish it as a new remix! When done, you can share your card by a link or downloading. All remixes from the main card are saved to a gallery just for OEGlobal 2024.

What can you do / send? Well, if you are going to Brisbane (or dreaming of it, or sad you cant) send a greeting TO OEGlobal24 and the city, with a message from your home. If you are from Brisbane or have been there or Australian, why not sending a card from there to someone you think might be interested.

Now this is an extremely creative tool, and just one of a whole suite of other remixes you can make and share openly from https://remixer.visualthinkery.com/.

And see how this is much more creative than just typing into a box and seeing what pops out.

Try it out, and then reply with a link or an image from the card you created. And put that card in the digital mail to someone else.

1 Like

Well someone has to reply, it might as well be me. In about 10 minutes I remixed the OEGlobal24 card to use a photo from my first time in Brisbane and changed a few things on the card. Here’s my remix.

Postcard-alan-brizvegas

Bring on your remixing!

1 Like

Here is mine! I am continuing the bridge theme from the original with a photo of Austin’s beautiful Pennybacker Bridge. Wish I could be in Brisbane for OEGlobal24!

1 Like

Thanks Judith for being quick to join in on the interactions here. Maybe that’s a theme to play out and a metaphor of bridging wherever we are to the conference. Anyone else got a local bridge to put on a postcard?

It’s nice to see Austin had a non-bat bridge!

1 Like

I love that idea, Alan! And yes, Pennybacker Bridge is generally bat-free (although the bats down at the Congress Bridge truly are cool).