Can An AI Generator Describe the Main Benefits of Open Education?

I was exploring the Predis.ai social media generator-- by no means suggesting is an authoritative source of knowledge. But more for curiosity, I posed it a question we might ask our community:

What are the top five benefits of Open Education?

It returned social media ready (hah) “content”:

Open education is an incredible tool for gaining knowledge and developing skills. It levels the playing field for access to education, and provides incredible advantages to those taking the plunge into this new form of learning.

Here are the top 5 benefits of open education:

1. Cost-efficient: Open education offers learners the chance to access high quality education and training at a reduced cost.
  2. Accessible: Open education opens the doors to education and training that would otherwise be inaccessible due to factors such as distance, cost and time.
  3. Flexible: Learners can choose where and when to study, allowing them to fit their studies around their existing commitments.
  4. Scalability: Open education is an incredibly scalable model, allowing organisations to rapidly on-board and train large numbers of learners.
  5. Up-to-date: The open education model ensures that learners are provided with the latest content and skills, allowing them to stay ahead of the curve.

These are fine sentences, the kind we have been seeing AI generators can churn so readily.

Is this really the top 5 you would write? What is missing? Just curious to know…

I noticed that most of these benefits are for the learner. When I added ‘for learners and educators’ to your question, I was offered a different set of suggestions, including ‘2. Increased collaboration and co-creation of resources’. I suppose a lot comes down to the question asked.

1 Like

Excellent-- it seems that more interesting things happen with the chatAI things when you probe with follow-up questions, sometimes it takes me 3 or 4 pushes to get something better than the first.

Maybe even add or ask about benefits for educational organizations? or society? or …

Thanks @Dickh and @cogdog – you are right, it is all about how the question is phrased.

However, I initially asked “what are the 5 hot topics in Open Education” and then it automatically defaulted to the Top 5 benefits, so I agree with tweaking the questions, but perhaps they also have default responses to things they are not too sure about. Especially as I don’t agree with the ‘fit’ of some of the answers, especially 3 … and I absolutely agree that it lacks the collaboration and co-creation that you managed to finesse! It also lacks references to adaptation or reuse.

But it is good to see what the machines think … or is it? :wink: