Authors: Christophe Fournier, Deborah Arnold, Jacques Dang
Institution: AUNEGe
Country France

Topic: Micro-credentials/OER/International cooperation
Sector: Higher Education
UNESCO Area of Focus: Developing supportive policy
Session Format: Presentation & panel discussion

Abstract

Recruiting for the corporate world increasingly relies on assessing a candidate’s competencies as well as his academic achievements. During the session, we will present a European framework of open recognition of micro-credentials, compare it with North American approaches, and suggest areas for international cooperation from America to Europe and Australia.

Keywords

microcredentials, recognition

1 Like

Meet the Panel

Christophe Fournier is a professor at Université de Montpellier, Institut d’Administration des Entreprises, and President of AUNEGe, the French Digital University of Economics and Management. His specialty is digital education and marketing & sales.

Deborah Arnold is national and international Projects Coordinator, at AUNEGe, France. Deborah has over 20 years’ experience in the field of transnational collaboration to support the transformation of learning and teaching through the use of digital technology and media. From 2010 to 2016 she served on the Executive Committee of EDEN (European Distance and E-learning Network) and held the position of Vice- President Communication (2015-2016). She is a Senior Fellow of EDEN and currently serves on the Board of the EDEN Fellows Council. Deborah has a Masters degree in media production, journalism and communication from the University of Burgundy, and is currently completing a PhD on the topic of digital education leadership in higher education at Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC).

Jacques Dang is the Secretary of the board of AUNEGe, as well as of L’Université Numérique, the federation of French digital universities. He is a member of the French delegation to ISO/IEC JTC1 SC36 and has served, from 2017 to 2020, as expert for the French Ministry for Higher Education, Research and Innovation. Jacques is also a member of the board of the International Council of Badges and Credentials and a member of Comité d’Habilitation Numérique de la Conférence des Grandes Ecoles, which awards recognition of a Grande Ecole to deliver degrees for online, digital higher education programs.

Links

1 Like

Chat session with AUNEGe & L’UNIVERSITE NUMERIQUE:
2020-11-19T15:00:00Z2020-11-19T17:00:00Z
Join in Zoom
(contact: jacques.dang@aunege.net)

1 Like

Wednesday, November 18th - 5:10-5:30PM (ET)

1 Like

Let us know if you’re interested in joining the ECCOE public consultations to contribute to shaping the future of micro-credentials.

• What information should a micro-credential include?
  • Test the ECCOE fast track solution to micro-credential recognition.
    Just reply here and we’ll be in touch!

Video of session recording:

1 Like

2020-11-16 AUNEGE OEG 2020-v6.pdf (1.8 MB)

1 Like

Hello @DebJArnold and @Jacques_Dang and others - thank you so much for your presentation. I missed it live, but was very pleased to watch the recording. I would be happy participate in the upcoming public consultations you are running, if the Ontario/Canadian perspective would be helpful. Please let me know how I can support your efforts.

1 Like

I would also love to share the ECCOE fast track solution to MC recognition with my colleagues in Ontario, that sounds fantastic!

1 Like

Hi Lena,
We’re about to launch the public consultation on the fast-track recognition template so you’ll get a combined email invitation shortly, to that and to the consultation on micro-credential descriptors/quality criteria.
Thanks for your interest, and enthusiasm!
Deborah