Global Monitoring of the UNESCO OER Recommendation :sync:

Ebba Ossiannilsson (International Council for Open, Distance Education (ICDE) OER Advocacy Committee), Jane-Frances Obiageli Agbu (International Council for Open, Distance Education (ICDE) OER Advocacy Committee), Cengiz Hakan Aydin (International Council for Open, Distance Education (ICDE) OER Advocacy Committee), Melinda de la Pena Bandalaria (International Council for Open, Distance Education (ICDE) OER Advocacy Committee), Daniel Burgos (International Council for Open, Distance Education (ICDE) OER Advocacy Committee), Xiangyang Zhang (International Council for Open, Distance Education (ICDE) OER Advocacy Committee), Rosa Leonor Ulloa Cazarez (International Council for Open, Distance Education (ICDE) OER Advocacy Committee), Mpine Makoe (International Council for Open, Distance Education (ICDE) OER Advocacy Committee), Cristine Gusmão (International Council for Open, Distance Education (ICDE) OER Advocacy Committee), Yi Yang (International Council for Open, Distance Education (ICDE) OER Advocacy Committee), Constance Blomgren (International Council for Open, Distance Education (ICDE) OER Advocacy Committee), Trish Chaplin-Cheyne (International Council for Open, Distance Education (ICDE) OER Advocacy Committee)

In the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE) Strategic Plan 2021-2024, work on the implementation of the UNESCO OER (Open Educational Resources) recommendation is strongly emphasized and explicitly stated in several of the strategic objectives, such as maximizing the relevance and value of ICDE to its members through the prioritized areas of quality, OER and innovation in education. Accordingly, OER is very strongly emphasized in the ICDE Action Plan 2021-2022.

Open education and OER have long been a priority for ICDE, so both are working with OER chairs and OER ambassador programs. The ICDE OER Advocacy Committee (OERAC) was first established at the 27th ICDE World Conference in Toronto in October 2017 to increase global recognition of OER and provide policy support for the uptake, use, and reuse of OER. In 2021, OERAC was renewed by the ICDE Board for four years from 2021 to 2024. However, it will be divided into two periods. The first mandate period will last from 2021-2022, aligned to the ICDE Strategic Plan, and more specifically, to the ICDE Activity Plan for 2021-2022.

In addition, the UNESCO OER Recommendation forms the basis for the work of OERAC. ICDE has appointed OER Ambassadors, and for this term, the OERAC has Ambassadors with regional distribution, i.e., Africa, Asia, Europe, Oceania, North and South America are represented (all authors are appointed ICDE OERAC Ambassadors). The regional distribution will enable the advocacy to reach and gain knowledge from members from the different regions. The focus will be mainly on capacity building, policy, and internationalization, which ICDE prioritizes. In addition, advocacy will focus on the work of ICDE in general.

This session will serve both to disseminate the work of ICDE and ICDE OERAC, and to disseminate regional and institutional work and insights from panelists that point to specific ways to implement the UNESCO OER recommendations. In addition, the session aims to gain insights from participants and the current state of play in different regions.

Extended Abstract: OE_Global_2021_paper_82.pdf :page_facing_up:

Webinar Information

This presentation is part of Webinar 01 (Building Capacity Action Area) taking place in your local time 2021-09-27T08:00:00Z2021-09-27T10:30:00Z .

Webinar Access (registered conference participants only):
:tv: :arrow_right: Go to Webinar 01

UNESCO OER Action Area: Building Capacity
Language: English

See the other presentations that take place in this webinar.

Presentation Recording

Participate

Before the webinar the authors will be asked to reply below with links to their presentation materials, related videos, and other relevant links, as well as prompts for discussion here.

For anyone that missed the live session, an archive will be posted here as soon as possible.

Conference participants are urged also to reply below with questions, comments for the presenters or to share related resources.

1 Like

Dear @EbbaOssiannilsson, @JaneF, Cengiz, Melinda, Daniel, @XiangyangZhang, @Rosiu, @290896, Cristine, Yi Yang, @connieb and Trish, are you well? I hope so!

I’ll be chairing your session on Monday but I suspect you won’t be all presenting, right? :wink: Have you a designated speaker, or speakers? When you get a chance, please check my welcome message on the Webinar 01 page.

Thanks!

Bea

2 Likes

Dear Bea I Will present on behalf of us
as We dont Have that much time
Will respond to teg rest of your message later today as I am on a conf today best Ebba

3 Likes

where to upload teh slides from the session today?

Ebba,

If slides can be made available via a link (Google Slides, slideshare, dropbox), just reply to this topic to include the URL as a reference for this presentation.