Hello and Happy 2023... Connecting OEG

Feliz Ano Novo!, Šťastný nový rok, 新年好, Bonne Année, Frohes neues Jahr, नव वर्ष की शुभकामनाएँ, Buon anno!, 明けましておめでとう!, ¡Feliz Año Nuevo!, Gott Nytt År! and the many more ways to say Happy New Year (I had help from Duolingo) and sending Hello to all …

Hello Hand flickr photo by osiristhe shared under a Creative Commons (BY-ND) license

We are almost a week into 2023, how is it so far? My grand end of year ambitions to do some needed remodeling here in OEG Connect have now been evolved to new years resolutions! But I do want to send appreciation to all who have increased the level of activity here over the last few months.

Looking ahead at a minimum of things that will happen here:

That’s just things off the top of my head… I’d love to hear your plans, hopes, big open education goals for 2023… hmm that might make a good pulse topic.

Hello, 2023!

PS- That image of the hand came from an Openverse search on hand hello for CC licensed images– we encourage you to make use of and share the resource of the Openverse tools for finding, reusing and easily attributing image and audio content.

5 Likes

Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year - not forgetting that soon it will be Chinese Year of the Rabbit too so Kung Hei Fat Choy! This year’s ALT OER 2023 conference will be in person hosted by the wonderful University of the Highlands and Islands - find out more here Open Education (OER) Conference | Association for Learning Technology

1 Like

Thanks for the Kung Hei Fat Choy, Teresa and the OER23 reminder (I hope I can sneak one in today under the wire)

Noting some information on the Chinese New Year (and please double check me if my web searching is awry

2023 is a year of the Water Rabbit, starting from January 22nd, 2023 (Chinese New Year), and ending on February 9th, 2024 (Chinese New Year’s Eve). The sign of Rabbit is a symbol of longevity, peace, and prosperity in Chinese culture. 2023 is predicted to be a year of hope.

People born in a year of the Rabbit are called “Rabbits” and are believed to be vigilant, witty, quick-minded, and ingenious.

I’m thinking of a way to wrap a OEG Connect Pulse question for this before January 22…

兔! (via Wikipedia)

1 Like

Chúc mừng năm mới tet! Happy Lunar New Year from Vietnam where we begin the year of the Cat (something clearly got lost in translation somewhere down the line!)

Looking forward to following and finding out more on the OE Global Connect.

Imgur

Happy Lunar New Year to you, Michael. So in Vietnam, the yearly animal is different from the Chinese one? What are other traditions for the new year?

There’s room for cats and rabbits here.