ICDE OER Advocacy Committee: OER and AI

Hi, I am Ebba Ossiannilsson
I am an independent researcher, quality reviewer, and expert in OFDL, leadership, and OER based in Sweden. I am in my second term and have been a board member of the International Council of Distance Education (ICDE) since 2019). I have been the Chair of the ICDE OER Advocacy Committee (OERAC) since 2018 (almost already in 2017). Currently, we have 11 Ambassadors representing all six global regions.

I was very honored and delighted when I received the OE Global Award, Open Leadership, last year in 2022, and the ICDE OER OERAC was shortlisted in the Open Collaboration category.

Recently, at the ICDE World Conference 2023 in Costa Rica we at ICDE OERAC organized an interactive workshop on “The role of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in the context of Open Educational Resources (OER)", which was attended by about 80 international delegates who discussed the UNESCO Recommendation on Open Educational Resources (OER) and its five areas and the implications with and for AI. We are currently working on an article to be published in the ICDE Journal Open Praxis.

Another event on the same theme will be held on the 27th of November 2023 in Mexico at the inauguración del 31 Encuentro Internacional de Educación a Distancia (online).

The future of OER and AI brings a lot of interesting challenges and discussions, let’s continue the conversations. Together we can make a difference towards quality, accessible, inclusive equity education and learning possibilities/education for all. Not leaving anyone behind!

Our ICDE OERAC has also published during the years several articles. Just to mention some:

Ossiannilsson, E., Leonor Ulloa Cazarez, R., Martins Gomes de Gusmão, C., Zhang, X., Blomgren, C., Chaplin-Cheyne, T., & Burgos, D. (2023). The UNESCO OER Recommendation: Some Observations From the ICDE OER Advocacy Committee. The International Review of Research in Open and Distributed Learning, 24(2), 229–240. https://doi.org/10.19173/irrodl.v24i2.7138 .

Ossiannilsson, E. Aydin, H., & Wetzler J. (2021). Report from the ICDE OER advocacy committee’s survey 2020: implementation of the UNESCO recommendation on open education resources (OER). Oslo: ICDE

Ossiannilsson, E., Zhang, X., Wetzler, J., Gusmão, C., Cengiz, H., Jhangiani, R., Glapa-Grossklag, J., Makoe, M., Harichandan, D. (2020). From Open Educational Resources to Open Educational Practices for resilient sustainable education. Distance and Mediation of Knowledge. From Open Educational Resources to Open Educational Practices

3 Likes

Thanks for your award winning leadership here Ebba and the sharing of the outputs from the ICDE OERAC. We hope to see some related activities for the next Open Education Week (March 4-8, 2024) with announcement details coming soon.

Or if there are other ways we can rally contributions to this committee, please let us know.

Excellent to share your profile n views, madam Ebba Ossiannilsson.
Our best wishes.
regards,

Prof. (Dr.) K P Yadav
(B. Tech., PGDBM, M.Tech., Ph.D., and Post Doc. D.Sc. & D.Litt.)
Vice Chancellor
MATS University
Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India