Join a Podcast Recording Session: Talking Annotation with Remi Kalir

Yes we are on a campaign here with Web Annotation, supporting an OEGlobal effort to generate annotation activity on the UNESCO Recommendation on OER (read more and get inspired by Rosa the Annotator).

To dive deeper into the idea and value of web annotation, we are inviting one of the gurus of the practice, Dr. Remi Kalir into the OEG Voices Podcast recording studio.

Currently serving as Assistant Professor at CU Denver School of Education & Human Development, Remi was a Scholar in Residence at Hypothesis, a leader of the Marginal Syllabus project, and co-authored with Antero Garcia The Book on Annotation published by MIT Press.

If you are interested in joining us for our conversation, we would love to have you. Just contact me directly (click @cogdog for the message button) or reply below.

We will be in the studio (via Zoom) 2021-11-18T20:00:00Z2021-11-18T21:00:00Z (that is your local time).

And if you have any questions, comments, examples you would like to share of successful web annotation practices, please click that reply button below.

4 Likes

I’d love to attend as hearing Remi talk is always a valuable joy.

1 Like

An invite shall be dispensed in short order, thanks Nate.

Thanks Remi for an invaluable conversation including @NateAngell and @paulstacey and covering both the broader concept of annotation but things I had not considered (saturation!)… and you’ve given be ideas to put into play soon.

I hope to process the podcast machine quickly!