Listen to Australia: Radio Garden

Here I am again dangling some links and hoping someone bits and dives in. That’s what we do here in this zone, create things conference theme related for anyone to engage with, whether they are going to Brisbane or not.

Who listens to radio any more? While passé as a listening device, Internet-based radio is not only live, but thriving. One of my favorite web things tio share and explore is radio.garden, a navigable map that lets you explore live streams from net radio stations.

Look how many options are available in the Australasia region- when I navigate and zoom to create this view, I can hear the closes station in the middle of the map, CAAMA Radio in Alice Springs (I am hearing 1990s album rock (Shrug).

Map of Australia with numerous green dots, mostly in populated areas, each representing an internet radio station.

And going in closer to the conference site, I find 23 different internet radio stations based in Brisbane including The Engineered Network, Radio Kasoot, and 100 Jahre Rundfunk ??

And indeed for my colleague @AdrianStagg location in Toowoomba, I can find 3 internet streaming radio stations.

Despite the slightly annoying ads on the site, what radio garden offers is full of opportunity to explore the sounds of the world. Do your own exploring, and reply below with what you find.

Radio Radio Radio?

There is a reason for sharing this, as we are developing the idea to have a live streaming radio station for the OEGlobal 2024 conference. WHAT? Stay tuned.

For a taste of what this might mean, I invite you to sign up for and explore August 12-16 the DS106 Radio Summer Camp being offered by Reclaim Hosting. Participating means just listening through an internet device, whether you know or care about what DS106 is or not:

DS106 Radio Summer Camp is designed to free you from your screen and enjoy your summer whilst listening to inspiring stories around our virtual campfire. To take part, simply register and look out for the joining instructions the week before the event. During camp week, tune in to DS106 Radio and enjoy.

What do you think of participation via audio? Hint. Click that blue reply button!

This is again is just one small example as to what anyone, noit just us at OEGlobal, can create here in the Interaction Zone.