Meet student voice as Open Education Influencers from MandelaUni

Meet Kelly Liberty and Mlungisi Mhlongo from Nelson Mandela University in Port Elizabeth, South Africa.
Our 3rd cohort of Open Education Influencers.
See what our student voices say, well, actually engage about Open, Open Textbooks, and Becoming Open Education Influencers. With people and spaces.
We made a course to empower more change, informed and empowered amongst students first, so let’s connect! Come check out the BOEI course too.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mJj1a6dDB-StqD9sN7G0Ad-Uy91fash_/view?usp=sharing

@KellyL @Mlungisi @GinoFransman

3 Likes

We are here from Nelson Mandela University.

5 Likes

Gino, Kelly, Mlungisi, welcome to OEGlobal 2020 conference!

I’m delighted to see the student voice here and thank you for your introductory remarks in the video you shared. Always good to hear directly from students about why open education matters. I look forward to learning more about what you are doing as open education influencers.

We will have other students at this years conference too. I do hope you’ll have a chance to connect with students in Canada who are doing a Keynote Student Panel: Student Empowered Design for Open Pedagogy and Education: An eCampusOntario Student Experience Design (SXD) Lab Journey.

If you are interested in connecting with other students I encourage you to create a Student Meetup topic in the Convo and Collab area. Just click +New Topic there and create a new topic to connect.

Hope you all enjoy the conference!

2 Likes

Thank you for the welcome! We are so privileged to be part of the conference this year and represent our university and project.

We look forward to sharing and will most definitely connect with other students.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Thank you for pointing us towards the other students involved, there is nothing more exciting than connecting and collaborating with fellow student advocates from the parts of the world.

We are excited to be part of this year’s conference. The sessions we have attended so far have been insightful and we cannot wait to also share our experiences and Open activities here at Mandela. Hope to see you on Friday.

#OpenEdInfluencers @MandelaUni

1 Like