LibreTexts unites students and faculty to develop a unified, easy-to-use online platform for the construction, customization, and dissemination of open educational resources (OER).
LibreTexts has been using Free the Textbook as its motto since 2018, but for us, this means more than eliminating debilitating costs for students, it means freeing curricula from the printed commercial textbook straightjacket and giving teachers the tools needed to create their LibreTexts for their courses and students.
If you want to use LibreTexts to build your own custom book use https://register.libretexts.org/. After building the book using our drag and drop remixer, it will be moved to a branded Campus Shell.
LibreTexts is the world’s most popular online textbook site with over 2000 books across the higher ed curriculum and we have over 688 million site visits. Every book can be printed at low cost. Files are updated weekly and available without cost.
LibreTexts is an online repository and a platform for developing custom OER. It features a drag and drop remixer for easy and rapid building of custom texts as well as interactive technologies that can be incorporated.
Almost all books are in English, but we have opened a Spanish language library and books in other languages are being developed by members of the LibreTexts community for their students. Books in any Unicode displayable language can be built.
LibreTexts is truly global, truly open and truly free with over 60% of site visits from outside of the US.
If you want to chat during the meeting we will be available online via zoom at times TBA
You are always welcome at our bi-weekly office hours
- Tuesdays (https://zoom.us/j/380504419) at 9:00am (PST)
- Thursdays (https://zoom.us/j/662384088) at 9:00am (PST)
We are eager to meet with you during the conference!
- Email us at: info@LibreTexts.org for all inquiries.
- YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/LibreTexts
These LibreTexts Construction Guides can be found online.
- Quick Start Guide: A Quick Guide to LibreTexts for New Instructors - Chemistry LibreTexts
- Full Construction Guide: LibreTexts Construction Guide
We also invite you to our discussion forums:
- Construction Forum main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io | Home
- Discipline Specific Forums Discipline-Specific Forums - Chemistry LibreTexts