:async: Open Education of Taipei Medical University

Authors: Hsu-Tien Wan, Yu-Fang Hsu, I-Shan Lin
Institution: Taipei Medical University

Topic: Applications of Open Education Practices/Open Pedagogy/Open Education Research
Sector: Higher Education
UNESCO Area of Focus: Sustainable OER
Session Format: Poster

Abstract

Taipei Medical University has joined the global open education affair since 2006 when OEG was OpenCourseWare Consortium. TMU is a professional university focus on medical and healthcare related fields. In tradition, medicine and healthcare fields are knowledge-intensive science. Students usually need to memorize and analyse massive amount of terms, facts and numbers. Collective intelligence is needed for a lot of medical students. Thus, sharing learning notes were already became our students' daily life. For faculty in a medical university, to be able to acquire the first-handed courseware had become one of the important reasons to open to students. The interests was spread from bottom up, and also from top down. Producing OCW had become one of the key performance for faculty. Some incentives had released. Then, MOOCs had been introduced in 2012. The professors and staff devoted in making MOOC courses at Taipei Medical University due to the foundation of OCW and professional technical support. This poster will explain the brief history of whatTMU have done during this period of time and how we connect to the global open education society. The content will show how these OER in our university has developed and transformed along with the change of digital learning technology and related pedagogy.

Keywords

OCW, OER, Taiwan, Taipei Medical University

2 Likes

Hi I am the presenter. Please help me with my account editing accesss.

Instruction: * Add Information to your Session. Visit the topic entry for your presentation and add a welcome message. Use the reply button to add support materials such as links, slides, images. Add questions or prompts that invite conference participants to respond.

#107 Poster video: