Open Recipes (like real food)

This meal looks scrumptious! We are eating a lot of pumpkin these days too, kabocha, butternut, etc. Warms up the kitchen too while it cooks in the oven.pumpkins

1 Like

In the end, Alan’s go-to was the simplest recipe for a busy conference week. Oil, salt, pepper, and sesame seeds. Here it is sliced and marinated. sliced eggplant

Here is it off the grill – delicious if you like your eggplant/aubergines crispy (okay a little burnt) :-).

2 Likes

Yes, it is some kind of pumpkin, here’s a photo.

1 Like

We too have a version, rather versions of this! We coat it with rice flour mixed with salt and chilli powder before roasting it on the girdle. Also, if we want to become indulgent, we coat it in gram flour batter and deep fry them. Fritters. Basic food remains the same all over the world!
I have a blog series “food connects”. Here is a recipe from the series. Hope you all enjoy it.

Here is a recipe, that I wanted to share. This recipe is very close to my heart and have christened it “Cheepo Omelette”. It is just an Omelette bread but probably a different way.
Once the eggs (beaten after adding a spoonful of milk, with additions of onions, green chillies, salt and herbs as per one’s choice) sizzle on the girdle in butter, dunk two slices of bread (I have used brown bread). Flip over and tuck the Omelette in and fold in some time!
Serve! That’s it!
Those who want a spicier version, add mint chutney (mint dip) after it is flipped while the Omelette is waiting to be tucked in. Indulgent mood sees grated cheese before the tucking in as well. But I prefer this. Simple. Wholesome. Non fussy. Hardly goes wrong. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ya me contarás!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Lo de las cebollas funciona muy bien :rofl::rofl::rofl::heart:

@EricaHargreave And I have nothing typical Polish to show you all here :rofl: Yesterday I made some tofu&rice & vegetables variation, day before tomorrow we ordered Butter Paneer day before tomorrow from Indian restaurat.
Here you can see photos and videos about PIEROGI - very Polish meal: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Pierogi

Hello @EricaHargreave Well, I can do a bit more than that but thankfully do not need to. I get to enjoy all of these lovely creations prepared and shared here by the Grand Chef @GinoFransman :slight_smile:

1 Like

Next time we meet in person, I would like several bags of salted platanas por favor :slight_smile:

Cringing at the name, Paul, but I won’t judge you too badly, as that aside the ingredients look good.