A course on OER and Creative Commons licensing for capacity building :sync:

Jacques Dang (L’universite Numerique), Carole Schorle-Stefan (Universite Ouverte des Humanites), Torunn Gjelsvik (ICDE), Wayne Mackintosh (OER Foundation), Zeynep Varoglu (UNESCO)

This webinar focuses on an example of capacity building opportunities offered by the LIDA 103 course of the OER Foundation on “Open education, copyright and open licensing in a digital world”. Developed by one of the New Zealand UNESCO Chairs for Open Education, headed by Dr. Wayne Mackintosh, for the English-speaking world and Common Law countries, it has been translated into French by UNESCO and adapted to cover Civil Law countries by L’Université Numérique, the French Digital University. It is not a law course per se, but a course that opens the minds of learners and authors to the opportunities offered by various dimensions of “openness”, such as open access, open educational resources and enables them to address the legal complexity faced by government bodies, schools and higher education institutions when they implement open education.

Its strengths:

• It is a free online capacity development course
  • It provides free access to an online test, whereby successful learners have the opportunity to gain a Competency certificate
  • It covers both Common Law and Civil Law countries
  • It relies on a documented process, that is replicable in other languages, starting with Portuguese and Spanish.

Extended Abstract: OE_Global_2021_paper_105.pdf :page_facing_up:

Webinar Information

This presentation is part of Webinar 01 (Building Capacity Action Area) taking place in your local time 2021-09-27T08:00:00Z2021-09-27T10:30:00Z .

Webinar Access (registered conference participants only):
:tv: :arrow_right: Go to Webinar 01

UNESCO OER Action Area: Building Capacity
Language: English

See the other presentations that take place in this webinar.

Presentation Recording

Participate

Before the webinar the authors will be asked to reply below with links to their presentation materials, related videos, and other relevant links, as well as prompts for discussion here.

For anyone that missed the live session, an archive will be posted here as soon as possible.

Conference participants are urged also to reply below with questions, comments for the presenters or to share related resources.

1 Like

Hello @Jacques_Dang and @carole.schorlestefan, are you well?

My name is Bea de los Arcos and I’ll be chairing your session on Monday. Are you all set? Will you both be presenting? Please see my welcome message on the Webinar 01 page.

Thanks!

Bea

Hello Bea,

Thanks for the welcome!

Could you please update the list of speakers to reflect what was included
in the extended abstract?

Missing are:

• Torunn Gjelsvik (ICDE)
  • Wayne MakIntosh (OER Foundation)
  • Zeynep Varoglu (UNESCO)

Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards,
Jacques

Thanks Jacques, I can’t do that myself but will certainly pass it on to colleagues at OEG.

@Jacques_Dang @bdelosarcos The authors have been updated here as well as on the webinar and schedule pages.

Alan

1 Like

Many thanks, Alan.

Kind regards,
Jacques

Here is a link to the general outline of the session;

and a link to the presentation on the adaptation work

Warm regards,
Jacques

As Zeynep Varoglu is unfortunately unavailable, Torunn and Anaïs will be presenting her slides.

Great to know about the course; I noticed it mentions portuguese and spanish and it would be wonderful to know if this is implemented or is in course. We have just recently launched a new version of open course on Open Education (https://cursos.aberta.org.br) which includes discussions on OE, OER and Digital Rights. Looking forward to seeing the recorded session!