Entering mainstream adoption: how TUDelft and UTwente collaboratively embrace OERs :sync:

Pim Bellinga (Grasple)

Grasple’s session addresses the first UNESCO OER Recommendation, Building capacity of stakeholders to create, access, use, adapt, and redistribute OER.

In this session, we:

Share the experiences of two organizations (TUDelft and University of Twente, UT) that have both switched from copyright publishers to OER;

Provide best practices for organizations that want to collaborate with other organizations in sharing OER;

Provide recommendations for new types of software tools that are required/beneficial for facilitating this new type of distributed collaboration.

Brief description of the webinar including successes, challenges, and key recommendations:

OERs are entering mainstream adoption. In our session, we present a hands-on Case Study on how two leading technical universities created and shared interactive exercises for their entire math curricula: TUDelft and UT. With the support of Grasple, both universities have created thousands of rich, interactive, online exercises together. They now share these exercises with their organizations and with an international community of educators.

Over the past years, dozens of instructors have collaborated on creating, reviewing, and publishing these exercises – learning material that is now being adopted across the world. Our webinar will take a deep dive into the experiences of TUDelft and UT, review relevant best practices and share an outlook on the new set of tools required to facilitate this new and extensive form of collaboration between different organizations.

Extended abstract: OE_Global_2021_paper_68.pdf 📄

Webinar Information

This presentation is part of Webinar 07 Building capacity, Developing supportive policy taking place in your local time .

Webinar Access (registered conference participants only):
:tv: :arrow_right: Go to Webinar 07

UNESCO OER Action Area: Building capacity, Developing supportive policy

Language: English

See the other presentations that take place in this webinar.

Presentation Recording

Participate

Before the webinar the authors will be asked to reply below with links to their presentation materials, related videos, and other relevant links, as well as prompts for discussion here.

For anyone that missed the live session, an archive will be posted here as soon as possible.

Conference participants are urged also to reply below with questions, comments for the presenters or to share related resources.

Hello everybody!
Now Pim is presenting this interesting work, I’ll wait to see your comments here.

Presentation slides can be found here

To the session attendees: thank you all for your good questions.
I will extend the cheers to the two stars of the story: TUDelft and UTwente.

Link to action lab on open format last year:

Regarding version control: another session that could be relevant:

2 Likes

Thank you very much @pimbellinga; these are useful materials for us to check. This session could be a second space for discussion of that topic; I hope I can manage the schedule :woozy_face: certainly will be helpful as well.