Get Local Advice, Just Ask! Coffee?

The Lobby is here for you to get real human advice and suggestions for being in Cambridge! Maybe its seeking lodging advice but maybe as important for some folks (like me) to get suggestions for the best coffee spot near the conference location.


Behold The Cappucnino flickr photo by cogdogblog shared into the public domain using Creative Commons Public Domain Dedication (CC0)

Sure you can Ask Google and find maps and lists all asserting their knowledge.

Who wants to sort through all this? Do I trust Claude to pick my coffee shop? No, I prefer hearing from a real human who lives or spends a lot of time in Cambridge. If course its still; judgmental! AI knows nothing about coffee, it just thinks so.

Okay, MIT locals, how about sharing your favorite coffee shops.

And maybe someone else can ask for recommendations for tacos, that’s always on my list too.


OEGlobal 2026 Navigator

:spiral_calendar: Program in Sched
:globe_with_meridians: OEGlobal 2026 Conference Web Site

:arrow_up_small: Main Space in OEGConnect
:right_arrow: Front Entrance public conversations “outside” the venue

For Attendees:
:right_arrow: Front Entrance public conversations “outside” the venue
:right_arrow: The Lobby meet attendees
:right_arrow: Information Desk updates and help
:right_arrow: Session Conversations discussion and sharing
:right_arrow: Interaction Zone activities and things to do

I was very lucky to visit Cambridge in late July for the first time. I stayed on Kendall Square, where there are many options to eat and grab a drink, so I have a couple recommendations around this location.

I went to the Ripple Cafe a couple of times for coffee, I noticed people pass by to grab coffee on their way to work or school.

There is also a food court on Kendall Square where you can find different food options. I found this very convenient if you want to try something different and are short on time.

1 Like