OEG 2020 Remixer Postcard: Share a Local Street View

Amazing activity @cogdog :v::heart:

8 Likes

Thanks for remixing in, Aras. All credit goes to Bryan Mathers of @VisualThinkery who might be lingering around here.

And that’s quite a luscious lunar presence in Turkey! Enjoy your week here.

2 Likes

Where’s the whales? That’s such a stunning view, one would never tire of it.

Greetings from Delft

8 Likes

There are these boats too. Squid, we call it chokka.
The whales are in down the coast and pass by twice daily.

2 Likes

Love the Delft. Hello Willem!

1 Like

7 Likes

Loving this activity! A view into the world!

4 Likes

My view has changed a bit. It’s MONDAY in Taiwan but my Sunday hasn’t ended!

3 Likes

Good to see the postcards and to know a little of each one! :star_struck:

I did not hesitate to show the Paiva Beach, a neighboring and pleasant place.

6 Likes

Thanks@cogdog
Loved the activity

. Here is my local street of Lucknow
Lucknow is the capital of one of the states of India that is Uttar Pradesh.
A bustling city, famed for its Nawabi era, finesse, and amazing food, is a unique mix of the ancient and the modern. It is home to extraordinary monuments depicting a fascinating blend of ancient, colonial, and oriental architecture."

6 Likes

WOW, that’s a great view. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the great idea :slight_smile:
Greetings from Germany to new and old colleagues !

[quote=“cogdog, post:1, topic:956, full:true”]
As an activity during the conference we will provide a collection of digital postcards you can easily remix / customize as well as share everywhere. These have been created for us by the amazing @VisualThinkery and the Visual Thinkery Remix Machine.

OEG Postcard 1: A View of Your Local Streets

Share a view of your local area. Yes, we can find tourist imagery of most places in the world, but what does a local street look like (aside from Google Streetview)? Show us a view you know well.

Postcard-street

I live in a very small town and the local roads are not paved! But the skies are stunning.

Create your own postcards as a remix of mine- You can upload your own photograph to replace mine, as well as a different image for the stamp. Change the message, the location, the addressee, the sender and remix it as your own postcard.

When done you can Save and Share your postcard (publish to the remixer, send on twitter and/or download to post here as a reply).

Thanks again Bryan for bringing OE Global 2020 a remixer (learn more about this concept).

And look for a few more prompts next week.
[/quote]

3 Likes

a beautiful day in my neighborhood…

4 Likes

Just a quiet town…

Great activity!

5 Likes

9 Likes

Fun activity!

6 Likes

Hello from Northern Arizona. Prescott is an old town (by Arizona standards) and still preserves some of the buildings from its Wild West days. Come visit and I’ll take you down to Whiskey Row where one bar really does have swinging doors, just like in the movies.

7 Likes

I’m from Glens Falls, NY!

2 Likes

Greetings from Waterloo Ontario, Canada. Pictured in the postcard is stunning Waterloo Park, which connects the city’s urban centre with it’s two universities. A pleasant park to take a stroll on your lunch break.

6 Likes