OEG 2020 Remixer Postcard: Share a Local Street View

As an activity during the conference we will provide a collection of digital postcards you can easily remix / customize as well as share everywhere. These have been created for us by the amazing @VisualThinkery and the Visual Thinkery Remix Machine.

OEG Postcard 1: A View of Your Local Streets

Share a view of your local area. Yes, we can find tourist imagery of most places in the world, but what does a local street look like (aside from Google Streetview)? Show us a view you know well.

Postcard-street

I live in a very small town and the local roads are not paved! But the skies are stunning.

Create your own postcards as a remix of mine- You can upload your own photograph to replace mine, as well as a different image for the stamp. Change the message, the location, the addressee, the sender and remix it as your own postcard.

When done you can Save and Share your postcard (publish to the remixer, send on twitter and/or download to post here as a reply).

Thanks again Bryan for bringing OE Global 2020 a remixer (learn more about this concept).

And look for a few more prompts next week.

1 Like

I love this activity!

I should add, this is the small town of Pittsford, New York, USA.

4 Likes

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s a stunning full rainbow- let’s hear it for the restorative power of dog walks.

1 Like

Wow! What a capture!

1 Like

Loved this activity!

The photo was clicked during the times of the Lockdown when the busy streets suddenly became eerie but serene. This click taken from the lobby is almost surreal. The stamp is also from the same location but a beautiful evening sky!

2 Likes

FROM SPAIN:

6 Likes

At a time when travel is limited it is wonderful to see these personal postcards from around the world. We can travel in our minds. Here is my postcard from Vancouver Canada.

and the painting version.

7 Likes

4 Likes

The view from my window.

5 Likes

5 Likes

That’s beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

I absolutely love this activity!

6 Likes

Lovely!! Good Start…

5 Likes

Quiet Sunday morning in Richmond, Johannesburg. This where I’ll be for OE Global.

7 Likes

Here is a local street, or rather path, or rather underwater way…

6 Likes

I live in a small village Malden, close to the city of Nijmegen in the eastern part of The Netherlands. The picture was taken some months ago. This view is not distracting me from working at home, but instead helps me to relax when this is necessary in some cases.

9 Likes

Welcome from Seaview.

Gino & Igor

6 Likes

Hello from Delft!

11 Likes

Hi Robert!! That’s beautiful!!