How was your first day of OEWeek? Still excited for the rest of the week? Well, you don’t have to wait!
Day 2 of OE Week 2023!
There are 50 incredible events to explore today - they started at 00h00 (UTC) with a session on Creative Commons by University of Technology, Sydney and will end tonight at 23h00 with a session in Portuguese by ECOOA Produções. What an amazing and exciting world we are part of!
50 is a lot to digest! Here are just a few to pop into:
(times displayed below are UTC)
- 09:00 ENCORE+ Network Event on OER Innovation – The Open University
- 09:00 Iz Merlina u Dabar – pohrana obrazovnih – SRCE - University Computing Centre, University of Zagreb in Croatian
- 12:00 Hybrid and Virtual Learning Spaces – EDEN Digital Learning Europe
- 14:00 open webinar: Opportunities for teachers to seize through open education – AANAAB platform for teachers in Arabic
- 16:00 OEWeek Live! Tuesday Opening Show – OEGlobal’s Alan Levine in the studio
- 16:00 Update on LibreTexts Mass Machine Translation Efforts – LibreTexts
- 17:00 Building an Ecosystem on a Foundation of Excellence: Open Education Beyond Instruction – Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
- 17:00 LibreTexts Open Forum
- 17:00 Using Strategic Foresight to Explore Futures of Open Education – eCampusOntario
- 18:00 Culturally Responsive Teaching & Open Educational Resources: Collaboratively Building a Database – MIT OpenCourseWare, MERLOT, TSU
- 19: 00 “Why Open?” – Odessa College
- 20:00 LibreTexts 101: Building the Textbook of the Future
- 21:00 Adventures in Open Education: Tips on Promotion and Integration of a Foundational Topic in Higher Education – Saskatchewan Polytechnic
- 22:00 OEWeek Live! Tuesday Later Show – OEGlobal’s Alan Levine in the studio
- 23:00 Projetos Culturais Nas Escolas – ECOOA Produções in Portuguese
Multi-Events you might be interested in being involved in:
- OPENtxst: Finding Openly Licensed Media & Educational Resources For Research, Teaching, & Publication
- Tell Us About Her : Women on the Frontline Climate
- Open Photo Competition 2023
Explore the full Tuesday schedule here.
Click the bookmark ribbon icon on the right to favorite the events that appeal to you, and find them later under the My Favorites tab on the same page.
Do you know about #OEWeek LIVE?
For 2023, OEGlobal’s Alan Levine has introduced a new exciting element to Open Education Week – a live webcast “show” scheduled at least twice a day during #OEWeek.
Each show features a review of events happening in the next few hours, highlights from past ones, but most importantly – conversations with participants and anyone interested in joining us in the studio.
It’s more the excitement of an unscripted radio show than just another webinar … It’s OEWeek Live!
Today’s line up includes:
- 16:00 (UTC) Tuesday First Show with Heather Ross (University of Saskatoon), Terry Greene (Trent University), Bea de los Arcos (TUDelft)
22:00 (UTC) Tuesday Second Show with Nate Angell (Creative Commons), Vidminas Vizgirda (University of Edinburgh), Lauri Aesoph (BCcampus)
- discuss on OEG Connect
- [watch live on YouTube](OEWeek Live! Tuesday Show #2 - YouTube 1)
In case you missed them, here are Monday’s shows:
- Monday First Show with Jennryn Wetzler (Creative Commons), Catherine Cronin (Higher Education for Good), Maren Deepwell (ALT-C), Jennifer Rogers (LibreTexts)
- A Global Welcome from Andreia Inamorato OEGlobal Executive Director
- OEweek Live! Segunda-feira em Portugues : com Andreia Inamorato e outros
- Monday Second Show with Martin Weller (Open University UK), Florence Devouard (Wiki in Africa)