:async: Open Resources for Nursing - the Open RN Project

Authors: Kim Ernstmeyer, Vince Mussehl
Institution: Chippewa Valley Technical College

Topic: Applications of Open Education Practices/Open Pedagogy/Open Education Research
Sector: Community College
UNESCO Area of Focus: Building capacity
Session Format: Presentation

Abstract

This presentation will describe the five Nursing OER textbooks and 25 virtual reality scenarios being created by the Open RN project. The first edition of the Nursing Pharmacology OER textbook will be highlighted along with associated OER H5P learning activities. This project is funded by a $2.5 million, four-year grant from the U.S. Department of Education.

Keywords

Nursing OER textbooks, Nursing virtual reality scenarios, Open RN

1 Like

Open RN Poster

1 Like

Thanks Kim for getting your poster published. Extra points for being early!

I’ve seen and shared some of the OpenRN scenarios for a BCcampus project I am supporting where H5P is being integrated as practice problems in open textbooks in 5 discipline areas (one is on Vital Signs).

I hope you can share here some links to some of most effective examples of H5P activities are integrated with the content. And maybe some insight into what makes for a good scenario as well… what does it take to design them?

Thanks again- Open RN is such a fantastic example of open resource development and sharing.

1 Like

Thank you for the positive feedback on the Open RN H5P scenarios! See the document listing our H5P branching scenarios that is continually updated as we develop new content. We will soon be adding new branching scenarios using virtual reality environments.

Presentation Slides and Video

1 Like

I hope you do not mind Kim, we edited a bit to embed your materials more into your post.

2 Likes

Thank you! Much appreciated.

Kim